“No Receptionist between 15.00-17.00”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Berlin
ibis Budget Berlin Ost
Ranked #562 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Dortmund, Deutschland
“No Receptionist between 15.00-17.00”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My sister and I were travelling to Berlin last month (15-18 September 2013). We were arriving at Ibis Budget around 15.30, and it was raining hard and we were socking wet and found out that the front door which supposed to be headed to receptionist door was closed, and we saw there's nobody standing at the receptionist desk, and the lobby was dark. We really tought it was a joke or something, how is it possible a hotel with no reception? And then we saw a sign said that if the front door closed please walk to the back door. So we walked to the back door, to find out that the door also locked! And after trying to understand the situation, finally we saw a small sign that explain that we should doing check in using the automatic machine in front of the door! And before we found out how to use the automatic machine, there is one staff just come down from the other floor, and he didnt even trying to help us out, he just pointed at the automatic machine, and saying please use the machine...gossh....it was horrible!

After we finally found out how to check in and got our password to our room, it was all easy. Thank God!As we walk to our room, as ussual the first thing that i check was the bathroom, the shower and the toilet was separate, it is clean, but there is a weird and unpleasent smell from the bathroom, it is maybe because longer not being used by the guest or something. But thank god the smell was gone after we taking shower.

Our room was bigger comparing to other ibis budget hotel that we staying in and it is so clean. I think it is newly renovated room. With flat screen, and some english channel.

There is a bus station and a strassenbahn/trem station direct in front of the hotel. But we rarely use it, since there is a S-Bahn (Springfuhl) station nearby (3 minutes walk) and will take you faster to the city center.

It is easy to find the hotel once you reach Springfuhl station (if you take the public transportation of course) because there is a big sign showing "ibis marzahn (please do not try to look for ibis budget ost, because you won't find it) to the left 500mtr" away, and once you saw the big M sign from McDonalds, then you know you go to the right direction ;).

We didnt try the breakfast, so we cant give any opinion about it.

One more tips if this is your first trip to Berlin and you want to use public transportation, I suggested you to buy the Berlin City Tour card in any automatic machine in S-Bahn or train station, and if you get lucky you can buy it at the DB customer service, and dont forget to ask the blue book (map of berlin), you will save alot of money for transport and you will get alot of discount for museum and restaurants. And when you want to save more money by not taking hop off and hop on bus, i suggested you to take the normal bus no. 100 from behind Alexander Platz, because this bus took the same destination like the hop on and off bus.

Room Tip: Make sure you see the automat machine for self check in at the back door, if the front door is locke...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank meirna j

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Me and my brother stayed at this hotel because I had decided to drive to Berlin and found that the hotel is outside of the emissions zone and offered free parking! So in my eyes it was already a winner! But the hotel continued to surprise me when we got there, very clean inside and out, English was spoken at the desk which is very helpful. The beds aren't the most comfortable thing in the world, but judging by the fact that the shower and toilet cubicles have hose connection points so that they can be washed down, I don't think the comfort of the bed is at the top of peoples priorities. But all in all, I am not complaining because the hotel is very well connected with public transport, about 25 minutes to the Hauptbahnhof on the S Bahn and when getting back to the hotel, there are two S bahn lines which service the station (Springfuhl), the S7 and S75, meaning you have a higher frequency of trains you can use to get back later in the day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I had a few days that I needed some vacation alone.
Buying a last minute ticket, I managed also to book a room at
this hotel.
Unfortunately, there was some confusion with the booking, and
the Ibis computer announced that the booking is not available at the
special rate. So I booked the regular rate.
At the airport the Ibis computer sent me a confirmation also for the
first booking.
So, I had to call the manager from the airport. I found a very nice person,
polite and helpful. He managed to remove the regular booking.
I arrived late, when the hotel was closed and managed to use the
automatic system to get a room. The room was clean and quiet.
I decided to stay there throughout my visit.
It is not in the city center, so it is quiet, pleasant, clean.
Very good value!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
Comfort Hotel Lichtenberg
#365 of 634 in Berlin
Hotel B1
#377 of 634 in Berlin
Charlottenburg
Happy Go Lucky Hotel
Happy Go Lucky Hotel
#355 of 634 in Berlin

Been to ibis Budget Berlin Ost? Share your experiences!