“Good Value for Money”

Hotel Bellevue Berlin
Ranked #555 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The hotel was good in terms of value for money - Kurfurstendum, the main city center was at a walking distance. The staff was friendly. However, there were problems in getting internet access - and they could not accept payment by credit card due to the telecom connectivity problem they were facing...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 28 April 2013

It's an ok place. There's nothing particularly wrong with it but it's in an apartment block, the lift is small and you need to go to the 2nd story for check-in. The wi-fi was free but patchy reception in my room (I was laying on the floor at one point) but the bathroom was good. Actually the bathroom was great - The shower head had the best pressure I'd had in a while. The room was clean just a little outdated. The bed was comfy. It's convenient for the lower side of Berlin - The U3 doesn't go to the tourist sites but you can change at Nollendorfplatz for the U2. I'd agree with most of the reviews when I'd say it's not great for family travelling but it's not the worst place I've stayed at. And on the end of the day, it was cheap so you get what you pay for. I didn't feel robbed in anyway.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed at Bellevue for 4 nights. It has got a good position near Ku-damm, 10 minutes walking from Zoo Station. Just one note: our room (nr. 33) was the smallest one and with an IKEA-type bed that crashed to the ground, since it is barely standing on a couple of small wood bricks not fixed to its chassis :-) Fine breakfast (especially on WE, with a very good apple cake).

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We booked room for 5 peoples ( 2 adults and 3 kids ) in the website they say they have rooms with two master beds and sofa witch can be one bed also. When we arrived to the hotel the staff didnt speak good english or understud what I was saying and then we hade to PAY 45€ because we had 3 kids!!! HORRIBLE rooms, there has been smoked in rooms and when I went to say that to the staff they were like `NO` and I had to explain that my daughter has astma so we cannot stay in that room! After that they gave us another room, that was also not good! I will never want to stay in that hotel never ever again!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2013

After checking in and seeing my room for the first time I was worried we had made a terrible mistake in booking the Bellevue, it certainly has a budget look and feel to the place. My room was a little odd, but it was clean and had all the things you would normally expect from a hotel. After the first night and the first breakfast I started to think the place was ok. For the money it is very close to a major shopping street in the heart of Berlin, literally 7 - 8 minutes walk away. We stayed 4 nights, and I ended up thinking the hotel was fine. Budget and old looking decor but clean, polite staff who spoke enough English to get by, good breakfast, gave us tourist maps of the city on arrival (these were very usefull), allowed us to leave our luggage on the last day while we went out in the city (we had an evening flight). If you can see past the dated decor you will find a good budget hotel that is clean and well located.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2013

mostly everything was negative about this stay. the rooms are tacky not cute. they arnt "old fashion" they are just old and outdated. like we had a small awkward room with modern child like ikea beds, an old sofa in a narrow tight hallway. the bathrooms are small and i definitely wore shower shoes for sanitation reasons. it was very expensive because we came around new years so for us the price was not worth the stay. But my biggest problem was that there is wifi but you cant connect to the signal in your room so you have to sit by the front desk. when i was using the wifi one night the woman who worked at the front was leaving and locked the entrance to rooms without even giving me a warning! i was lucky after waiting for almost 20 mins that someone left their room and opened the door. the workers are just there to do the minimum basics. they arnt helpful or go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.

Room Tip: if you ant wifi ask to be close to the front desk
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This hotel might come across as an average budget hotel, the rooms do not have a scenic view, but here is why I would recommend Bellevue:
#1 Check-in time is 2 P.M., we reached at 9 A.M., and they still allowed us to check into our room. So an extra star for that :)
#2 Free wi-fi and dryer :D
#3 Breakfast per head is 5 EUR only.
#4 There is a PC available in case you'd like to use it.
#5 Bus stop and restaurants are at walking distance.
#6 The hotel was very clean.

P.S. Please make sure you know how to reach the hotel. It can be a bit of a trouble. And the hotel reception is on the 2nd floor.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple