“Comfortable”

Ranked #471 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Berlin, Germany
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

after figuring out how to get to the place, my room was quite nice warm and spacious, the hotel is not far from the U-Bahn station, where the U6 runs straight into the city, breakfast in the morning was quite nice too

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sarah g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

We had a spacious room in blue and yellow colours with cosy soft beds and wooden furniture. The hotel sits on the 5th floor, so the view from the window was on red tiled roofs (for those who love aircrafts like me - there's a good view of planes moving upwards, but they don't fly at night, so you will not be disturbed during sleep). The elevator is hidden behind the staircase (there's a sign in the hall, but it's in German).
The hotel is located on a quiet and green street with a range of inexpensive cafes/pizzerias/kebabs on it. It's 5 min walk from the nearest tube station (Rehberge), and it takes just half an hour to get to the Tegel airport. The center of Berlin is within 8 tube stops (about 20 min).
The Rehberge hotel provides a good rich breakfast, which is served in a big sunny room with a view. Important: there's no reception as it is, but the owner's office. The owner is a good person speaking German and Russian. You can find him in the office until 6 pm. If you arrive later, simply let him know beforehand, so he leaves your key at the neighbouring kebab (Doner 76, at the corner opposite the hotel).
The smokers will appreciate the small inner court, which can be used for their purpose. Within 15 min walk from the hotel you will find a nice park with a few ponds. We saw a heron on one of them)
The only strange thing is that the key for the hotel is the same as your key for the room. Which, probably, means anyone of the guests can visit your room, while you are seeing Berlin. But this didn't matter for us, as we keep no valuables in the room.

Room Tip: Nothing special.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ekaterina T
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

After reading positive reviews on booking.com I was confused to discover TripAdvisor gives such a low rating to this place. Well, the accommodation was already paid and I had nothing to do but come and make my own impression.

The minute I stepped into our room I felt relieve! Sure it's nothing more they promis when you reserve but it's nothing less neither! The room was nice and cozy and looked exactly the same as it looked on the picture online. The beds were comfortable, shower was clean with good water pressure.

Breakfast was served in large full of light dining room overlooking the street.

The stuff was friendly and gave us several useful tips about Berlin's transport.

Add here subway station in just 2 min walk and be sure - the place is good choice for Berlin!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank VasilyMalygin
Stuttgart, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

I read the reviews beforehand, so wasn't expecting much. However, this was part of a group booking, so had little choice of change. We did try the hotel up the road, but they were fully booked.

Let's be fair and start with the good points: the bedding was clean, as was the bathroom.

Bad points:
The thing that bothered me most was the horribly dirty carpets - I didn't want to walk barefoot in the room. Also, as you watch the room in sunlight, there are dust specks flying through the room the whole time - which led to some coughing during the night. The water pressure was bad and I had to jump out of the shower, because the water was scalding hot. Even on the cold setting, the hot water kept coming, just at a lower pressure, weird.
Beforehand, I emailed the hotel to specifically ask for a room with two single beds instead of one. Never received an answer, although this did work out. Poor customer service.
Note, there is a tiny lift behind the staircase - only 2 people with luggage can fit in.

We didn't stay for breakfast, there are other options around. (one U-bahn stop further: Seestrasse, there are some nicer restaurants).
The area isn't nice, although it's close to the U-bahn stop (Rehberge).

I will not stay here again. I know people (and myself) always say: you're not visiting the city to stay in your room - but there is a difference. To take a quick break in mid-afternoon, or a quick change before dinner - I need a nicer place than this dirty carpeted, dust flying place.

Rooms are small, even for European standards. No tea/coffee facilities.
And for the price, you could do better - I arrived two days before the rest of the group, and with an early booking special, found a nice hotel in a much better area for the same price, including breakfast. This is Berlin, you should be able to find something nicer at the same price.

Room Tip: Some rooms are on the busy street side - this gets noisy, even with double glazing. We had a room on...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank bv29
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

I booked a room for four nights because it looked nice on their web-site for a nice trip with my parent. BUT the room had a bathroom outside the room which was not mentioned on the web site and the entrance and the building were really poor and the reception is not available after 5 in the afternoon.

In addition, since the room was far off what was presented on the web site and the room with bathroom inside, according to the lady was not available because the window is broken, I wanted to leave after only one night.

It is June, 2011 I stayed and the room was incredibly hot and only a small fan was in the room. When I was checking out the next day they told me that I have to pay 80% of 2 nights because I didn't cancel three days before!! While we were talking to the reception guy, this other guy (says he was the owner or whatever) came out of nowhere and started screaming at me and my friend who was there to help me, to pay the money. It was unbelievable attitude of them and I got the hell out of there as soon as I could.

I do not definitely recommend to ANYBODY if you are considering going there, please for your own sake don't. I'd recommend you to spend a little more money and effort to look for else where.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Inu_11
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

its not a typical hotel!its in the 3rd floor of a building.its small but warm and clean!nice breakfast not too rich but nice!for the money it was reaaly nice and near the metro!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank nef_tr
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2010

The pension is located in a relatively poor neighborhood where the streets are lined with night shops, kebab joints, Internet cafes, etc, though it is just about a 2-minute walk from the subway station. Personally, I would not be comfortable walking around at night alone in this area. My friend and I had a hard time finding the place since it is poorly indicated, and the building is old and the lift was a bit smelly. Make sure you get to the hotel during the daytime, since there is no receptionist at the place. OR make very clear arrangements so someone will be there to open the front door for you.

Having said that, the hotel itself is very clean and the free breakfast was quite decent considering for a double we paid 49 euro per night (we had our own bathroom, super clean). Not that the staff is mean-spirited, but you won't get any smiles or good mornings (in fact, I got the impression the staff didn't speak English). I would recommend this hotel to people who just want a place to sleep while on a short visit to Berlin and who is ok with absolutely no frills and no service..

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends