“Amazing experience, wish the top floor stayed open.”
Review of Watergate

Watergate
Ranked #98 of 659 Nightlife in Berlin
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had an amazing experience here. Everything about it was exciting and fun. The view of the water brought it to another level for me. We stayed until 7am dancing, so clearly we couldn't get enough. My only hang up was that I wish the top floor had stayed open instead of the downstairs. But I guess it worked since the sun was pouring through - that was kinda cool. Overall great time. Look forward to going back next time I'm in Berlin.

All reviews
"berghain"
in 14 reviews
"doorman"

Reviewed 30 June 2014

For anyone complaining that they didn't get in, just relax and realize there's a reason for that. 15 euro cover, the same as any other Berlin club, drinks are a little bit pricey around 10 euro but again that is not out of the ordinary. The first time I went, I was denied but this past weekend I was in Berlin and tried again with no issues. Once inside you will realize people are dressed nicely, read some reviews below saying you need to "look poor" but that is simply not the case. Berlin wants a crowd that will have fun and dance, not complaining foreigners. Club has two rooms which are both house type music, bathrooms are surprisingly clean. Great view from the smoking dock which is on the water. This is a must if you're looking for a fun place to go.

2  Thank Vera T
Reviewed 26 June 2014

It opened at midnight. So we queued in our most casual garb, as Berliners do, and were some of the first in the queue. There were two of us (two girls). Cue this conversation:
Bouncer: "How many of you are there?"
Me: "Two"
*Bouncer pauses for about 10 seconds whilst looking us up and down*
Bouncer: "No you can't come in"

The people behind us didn't get in either. An explanation would have been nice.

3  Thank Lillie R
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Shirt isn't OK if you want to step in. They don't let anyone join their party. I guess you need to be real hipster if you are willinges to participate.

2  Thank Lauri M