“Up there”
Review of Watergate

Watergate
Ranked #33 of 624 Nightlife in Berlin
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Not the best club in Berlin but still good. Only worth the high cover charge on a night when it's busy and upstairs is open...the sound system up there is great but the one downstairs not so much.

1  Thank deeppolitics
There are newer reviews for Watergate

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Super sound and light system, great music and people! This club well located and has great view from chillout zone (on the river).

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We went to Watergate on a Wednesday night, arriving around 2:30am and paid 8 euros to get in (obviously it's more at weekends) which wasn't too bad given that the dismal club in the English seaside town that we live in charges about the same!

Watergate was thankfully much better - the huge glass floor to ceiling windows look out on to the river which runs directly next to the club so you can watch the sun rise as you dance on until the morning and there's a pontoon/deck area out on the river which is a beautiful place to relax for a bit and rest your feet. I've also never come across a club which such clean toilets, even as the night went on!

Can't comment on the drinks prices as we didn't buy any but tap water was free! There was a great atmosphere and a really diverse mix of people and we met some interesting and amusing characters. We had a really fun night and left at around 8am though I think it's open until about midday.

Regarding getting in - yes, their door staff seem pretty snobby and they are selective - I can completely see why this upsets a lot of people. They seemed to be turning away anyone under 21, anyone in a group of more than 2, anyone speaking loudly in the line (especially not in German!) and anyone who was dressed up - shirts, little dresses and high heels are not the order of the day here!

Anyway, I really recommend going if you like clubbing and techno!

1  Thank T388
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had an amazing experience here. Everything about it was exciting and fun. The view of the water brought it to another level for me. We stayed until 7am dancing, so clearly we couldn't get enough. My only hang up was that I wish the top floor had stayed open instead of the downstairs. But I guess it worked since the sun was pouring through - that was kinda cool. Overall great time. Look forward to going back next time I'm in Berlin.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

For anyone complaining that they didn't get in, just relax and realize there's a reason for that. 15 euro cover, the same as any other Berlin club, drinks are a little bit pricey around 10 euro but again that is not out of the ordinary. The first time I went, I was denied but this past weekend I was in Berlin and tried again with no issues. Once inside you will realize people are dressed nicely, read some reviews below saying you need to "look poor" but that is simply not the case. Berlin wants a crowd that will have fun and dance, not complaining foreigners. Club has two rooms which are both house type music, bathrooms are surprisingly clean. Great view from the smoking dock which is on the water. This is a must if you're looking for a fun place to go.

2  Thank Vera T