“A Very Good Budget Hotel”

ibis budget Berlin City Potsdamer Platz
Ranked #137 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one week during ITB Berlin. The hotel located just a few minute walk from Anhalter Bahnhof - really convenient. It's also walkable to Potsdamer Platz.

The hotel staff are truly helpful and responsive. And it's a nice surprised that I met two fellows from my home country working for this hotel. Hotel room is really clean and tidy while furniture is all new.

There's just one point to get improved as soon as possible: the concierge service. Since the hotel is a budget model, there should be more information available to support in-house guests who have to deal with those issues while stay at the hotel (laundry service, for example: where, timing,...)

Overall, this is the best budget hotel I have ever stayed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Luong T

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The nearest U-Bahn is actually Anhalter rather than Potsdamer Platz. The hotel is also walkable from the Reichstag and Brandenburg Park and very near the Topography Of Terror exhibition and Sony Center with its unique architectural roof and lots of restaurants. Even though I tried to practice my German on the reception staff they all spoke good English. They were very helpful with luggage storage on our last day and immediately looking at the aircon/heating in our room when it didn't seem to be working correctly. Guests are not given keys or cards, just a six digit number to access their room. As with all Ibis Budget Hotels it was modern and clean. I'm not sure why anyone would stay at the Ibis next door when there's a perfectly acceptable budget version!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maruba
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at ibis budget Berlin City Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Maruba,
I am very pleased to hear, that we were able to convince you of our Ibis-Budget- concept. Also our staff was very delighted of your praise for them. I look forward to welcome you again in one of our hotels. Best regards from Berlin, Frank Franke-Hempel / Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel has an excellent location. Now we must admit this hotel is really simple but is also very cheap. The best thing is its location, it's close to checkpoint charlie and to the Postdamer platz. You can also visit a wall memorial which is only 5 minutes away walking. It's super safe at night and since Postdamer platz is so close, you still feel the city alive. You can find restaurants and bars even late at night. Metro and bus just in the corner. Just unbeatable location.
Breakfast was not great, I would suggest having breakfast in the coffee shops at Postdamer Platz

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I definetely will use this hotel in my next trip to Berlin, excellent location, near to Postdamer Platz, 10 mins walking to Checkpoint Charlie, quite and safe area. Anhalter Bahnhof metro station is just in the corner you can move from there to all main attractions of the city. As I mentioned in other reviews, when you stay in an Ibis you must know the concept, these hotels in general are clean but rooms are small, but who cares if you go on vacations and you will not stay all day in the hotel, the beds are fine and clean to rest after a long day. We didnt take the breakfast, it was not included in the price, but it costs 6 euros, we decided to have breakfast in other places. In general a good option for Berlin, staff is nice and they speak english.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JhonatanE

Dear Jhonatan,
thank you for your great assessment for our Ibis Budget. I am very pleased to hear, that we could convince you of our hotel- concept. I am looking forward to welcome you in our hotel at your next trip to Berlin. Sunny regards, Frank Franke-Hempel / Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Good location near to Postdamer Platz. You can either walk 10 minutes to reach the square or take the underground at Anhalter Bahnhof (the hotel is roughly 100m from the station).
Also, the traveler can rent a bike at the hotel for the day. The price was 20% more expensive than the average (when I went there). It's important to check the bike lights before renting it: I've got one that both lights were not working. Of course I realized it at night only. I've mentioned this to the staff that was very considerate and on the next day, there was a professional checking every bike.
The price was fair and the overall experience was good. I would certainly return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo