ibis budget Berlin City Potsdamer Platz
US$147
US$118
  • Pool
1,713 results
All reviewspotsdamer platzcheckpoint charliesingle bunkanhalter stationgreat locationterror museumdouble bedaround the cornersleep qualitylidl supermarketsmall tvminute walkwifi connectionshower and toiletrooms are cleanwithin walking distancecheck point charlie
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed here as part of my 2.5 weeks Eurotrip.
All up I had booked 5 hotels (all 5 stars, aside from this). And Ibis Budget really was, for my needs, in every way comparable to the other hotels! This no-frills accommodation exceeded my expectations in all areas and I have since become an Ibis convert!

Wifi was a good speed for me. Bed was comfortable.
Staff spoke good English and wore friendly smiles. Our check in time was 5pm but when i turned up at 3pm there was a room for us. I only joined my friend for one night and thereafter she was booked in as a single. The staff was so nice to allow her to stay in the same double room after i left.

Shower was good. There was laundry self service facilities, bike rental, bus stop and station right across the road, and the door code locking system made me feel safe. One reviewer mentioned no hair dryer. But really you just had to ask for it!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Michaela F, Guest Relations Manager at ibis budget Berlin City Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Lyn,
thank you for taking the time to tell us your experiences of your stay in Berlin.
I am very pleased of your praising words concerning our hotel- concept.
I´ll transfer the praise to our staff immediately!
Best wishes from Berlin,
Michaela Fick / Guest Relation Manager Trainee

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We spent there 2 nights in august : Positive: location, price, service at reception, good information for tourist, food and drink automatic distributor, clean and modern room
Negative : wi-fi slow in room, parking always full, bed not comfortable, smoke smell in room...
Globally it was a good deal to stay there.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank gorgu1000

Dear Ibis Budget guest,
thank you for your words concerning your stay in our hotel.
I am happy to hear, that we have been able to convince you of our concept.
Please contact me before your next trip to Berlin personally, to reserve you a non- smoking room.
Best wishes,
Michaela Fick / Guest Relation Manager Trainee

Reviewed 21 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at ibis budget Berlin City Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very badly soundproofed and WiFi absolutely unusable (they advertise it with the terms "premium", "highspeed", "unlimited").
Very spartan rooms, no hair dryer or shower gel, but that's probably OK for an Ibis Budget.
The location is very good.

Probably one should rather get the normal Ibis next to this Ibis Budget.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at ibis budget Berlin City Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Ibis Budget Guest,
thank you for taking the time to appraise our hotel via Trip Advisor.
I am sorry for the inconvenience with the WIFI. The "Premium Access" is a charged service with High-speed- access. The normal WIFI, which is for free, has got a limited range.
To say some words to our bedding concept: We have got a new topping for the mattresses in all our ibis budget hotels. I am sorry to hear that we could not convince you with this concept.
Best regards,
Frank Franke-Hempel / Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2014

There isn't any one thing about this hotel that made our stay unpleasant; rather, it was a combination of smaller factors. The staff wasn't rude, yet they certainly weren't accommodating either. The breakfast was sufficient, yet nothing memorable. The rooms weren't dirty, yet they smelled of bleach. We simply found the overall atmosphere of the hotel uncomfortable and displeasing. We stayed in another Ibis in Dresden, which was far more pleasant and welcoming; I would still reconsider before staying in another Ibis hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Frank F, Guest Relations Manager at ibis budget Berlin City Potsdamer Platz, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Katyusha,
thank you for taking the time to appraise our hotel via Trip Advisor.
I am sorry to hear, that we were not able to convince you of our Ibis Budget- concept.
Please contact me before your next trip to Berlin personally, to reserve a room in our Ibis hotel next door.
Best regards,