“Excellent hotel, excellent service, excellent location”
Review of Ackselhaus

Ackselhaus
Ranked #49 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I have to say I feel extremely lucky to have found the Ackselhaus/Blue Home. It was in a perfect location, central to most sites, and the neighborhood itself was chock-full of great restaurants and shops and beautiful parks. The breakfasts served at the Cafe Del Mar, attached to the Blue Home, were fantastic. We went to bed every night anticipating breakfast the next morning. Fresh pastries, breads, cheeses, meats, everything you could hope for and more. We stayed in one of the apartments in the Blue Home and it was better than we expected. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody visiting Berlin. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. I will be staying at Ackselhaus/Blue Home every time I visit Berlin!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abe555

Reviewed 17 April 2010

I've let 2 month slip by before posting this so details are sparse. However I just wanted to post that we really enjoyed our stay here. We were in the Studio Deluxe in the BlueHome hotel for a weekend during the Berlin Film Festival. The staff were spot on in terms of being helpful but not overbearing. They spoke great English but also were patient with me while I tried my GCSE level German. The room was beautiful with a uniqueness/special feel to it and area was great for getting around. We would definately recommend and go back.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dinosaurnothing
Reviewed 16 November 2009

We couldn't find a room, so we had an accomodation in the apartment, which are i guess a little less stilish, but still very warm (maybe more) and well kept. the position is excellent (prenzauer berg) and the tenders are kind. everything for 140 € per night including brreakfast.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2009

I highly recommend this hotel. It's in a great neighborhood, exudes tons of character and has stylish decor. We were in the "ROM" room and loved it. I would stay here again when I return to Berlin. While it isn't the most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed at, it is certainly comfortable and an outstandingly great value and that means there is more money for shopping at the fabulous stores nearby.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThirtyByThirty
Reviewed 3 September 2009

I loved Berlin, but I would travel there again just to stay at Ackselhaus! The rooms are artsy, stylish, comfortable, and perfectly located in a hip yet cozy neighborhood in the east side of the city. It's like an urban resort! The breakfast 'room' is gorgeous and serves delicious food, I would recommend it even to travelers who are staying at other hotels.

If you have a more traditional itinerary, this location may not be the most central, but it is very close to a tram and an underground stop.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Wonderful place to stay. Can only speak in glowing terms about the studio apartment we had in the Blue House, quiet and very comfortable bed. Breakfast was excellent, staff friendly and helpful, wifi in room, free laundry service gave us additional sight seeing time. We would happily stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2009

Just returned from our stay at ackselhaus today. neighbourhood was fab with great cafes and resturants literally on the door step. hotel was interesting, but I would definatley stay in the bluehome if I was returning again. We stayed in an apartment on the third floor in the ackselhaus and to be honest it was a little tired looking and a little musty smelling. The bathroom or should I say shower room was ok but the wallpaper was starting to peel of the walls and the shower was very tempremental - either boiling hot then cool the next minute. On a positive note the service was great and the breakfast was lovely. My tip would be - pay a little extra and stay in the bluehome.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business