“The most contemporary and well designed apartotel I've stayed at.”
Review of Lux 11

Lux 11
Ranked #231 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Singapore
“The most contemporary and well designed apartotel I've stayed at.”
Reviewed 18 December 2009

This is my first trip to Berlin and I am a musician, who was there to perform, and wanted to extend my stay in a hotel which makes it seem like I am home. So I chose Lux-Eleven as it is more of an apartment hotel rather than your usual hotel. In particular, I was in love with the Junior Suite, which was a large loft-style room with a divider separating the living from the sleeping area. The bathroom is semi-exposed, with stairs leading up and down to the shower/bath area. The mix of concrete and carpet, hard and soft furnishings really made this space contemporary and modern. The corner suites are fantastic with a view of the famous Alexanderplatz TV Tower. And of course, the location is splendid, in the centre of 2 of the hippest shopping and dining districts - Mitte and Prenzlauer Berg. Highly recommended for the independent traveler.

Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Berlin
Reviewed 2 December 2009

I am working for a little independent Film Festival in Berlin (Around the world in 14 Films) and we bring some of our international guests to this very stylish but also very charming and nice Hotel in the middle of the City. It is perfectly located for every kind of vacation! By feet it´s only a few minutes to the cool Prenzlauer Berg with all the bars, to the amazing museums of Berlin and to the Brandenburger Tor and Reichstag were history takes place as well. Next to the hotel is a cosy new restaurant with a very international and fine way of cooking. They support us from the beginning on because they are interested in art as well. It´s a very good place for an unforgetable trip to Berlin!

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank Around-Team
Reviewed 20 November 2009

I've stayed here twice and this hotel is exactly what it says to be: stylish, cool and the personnel are really welcoming and helpful.
But they have apartments, not hotel rooms in that sense that the rooms are big with a walk-in closet and a kitchenett. These apartments are clean, in a nice condition and the rain shower is beautiful. Breakfast is not the best I have experienced, but definitely ok.

Since I prefer staying in a hotel on my business trips (I prefer having room service, free wifi and other services at hand), I'll might not stay here again but the experience was absolutely really good. If you are looking for a stylish apartment hotel, then this is the place to stay!

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
munich
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Lux 11 is a very stylish and cool place! The staff is friendly. It's very central for clubbing (not noisy )and eating out. Stayed in a lot of hotels in Berlin the last years, this one impressed me. The price is quite high, I stayed in one of the suites.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 8 October 2009

The room we had was like a one room apartment. It was airy and a corner room, which I love! The shower is in the same room, with a glass/mirror wall behind the sink. So when you're in the shower you can see the silhouette. The toilet and the kitchen is just inside the entrance. Where you can make coffee and toast, for as well cook meals.
Liked this hotel. It's also connected to Adidas, where you get a % in the store.

It's a place you should check in..

Stayed September 2009
San Francisco
Reviewed 1 September 2009

I don't know why I waited so long to put it out there to the world, but after returning to Berlin last week and staying at The Circus Hotel (FANTASTIC!), I knew I had to share my horrible experience at Lux 11 with the world. Thomas Tänzer is the owner/general manager. I was with clients and colleagues on a business trip. Lux 11 looks good on the surface. The rooms were fun in look and feel. The fun and comfort stopped when the hotel's internet service went down and stayed down for nearly 24 hours. Our client was not amused and had to seek an internet cafe at midnight while severely jet lagged in a foreign place to deal with e-mails back in the States. None of the rest of the team were amused either. Not good. In the morning, I let the front desk know that if the internet was not restored by the time we returned from our meetings around 5pm, we'd have to check out. They were in agreement. When in fact 5pm hit, there was no internet. Out we had to go, but not without a fight and room charges for late check-outs. The owner/gm wouldn't come out of his office to speak to me live. Instead he used his employees to do perform his dirty work. Now, please note that The Circus Hotel, way cheaper room rates, offers FREE Internet service and even loans out laptops for FREE. Back then, we moved to the Radisson next to the Dom, where all internet services worked beautifully. The next day Thomas Tänzer called me at my request to hopefully discuss the issue and obtain an apology or a make-good of some sort. All he did was yell at me, insult me and threaten me. I politely told him that I was hanging up on him and I hung up. He had the gumption to call back. I'd say he missed the class of Customer Service 101 & Never Read the Article How To Be A Gentleman. BAD BUSINESS. BAD FORM. BAD ENERGY. Avoid this place at all cost.

Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
6 Thank lynnsf123
Frankfurt
Reviewed 30 July 2009

We were first unsure about the location but found out, that the location of the hotel is perfect for sightseeing (close to Museumsinsel) and night life as well. The staff was over-average friendly and they have great amenities like midnight snacks and even excellent wine, all included, you don't have to pay anything for it and at the same time having a terrific start in the evening or a conveniant chill-out after returning.
The hotel is really a design-hotel in a pretty old, but fully renovated building which was used by the soviet KGB during cold war times - spooky. Perfect melt of history and modern design.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple