“No fuss great hotel, superb location!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre

Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre
Ranked #160 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Manchester
“No fuss great hotel, superb location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed here for one night back in march '13, Its a pretty standard HI Express, maybe even a little better than standard - I went down to reception to borrow an iron and staff said they'd deliver it to my room - yay!! In all the other HIExpresses I always had to collect my iron and I must say I really didnt expect it delivered :) To be honest, I was mostly out in town, which is easily reachable on foot as well as by underground - there are 2 stations close to the hotel, supermarket just opposite the hotel is great and cheap. I can only praise night staff - very professional young men :) Breakfast was good, plenty of choice of cereal, breads, yoghurt was lovely, and the best bit was the almond cake - yummmm!!! The only reason I marked it down a bit is because I booked a double non-smoking room and was guaranteed it untill 6pm of the day of arrival - but when I arrived at 3.30 pm, I didnt get it. Ended up in an accessible smoking double, and though Im a smoker myself and didnt really mind, I dont usually smoke where I sleep, Oh well, it was just one night, I didnt die and still got my double bed, so all is good and I would stay here again :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank moonlightam
GSM_HIEX_Berlin_CC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear moonlightam,

thank you for this positiv review about our hotel, our staff , our service and our breakfast.
I´m very happy that you enjoy your stay and that you will come back on your next Berlin trip.

Ferdinand Lechner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

We have just returned from 4 nights in this hotel and we were really impressed with everything. We were expected and welcomed warmly by the staff - this welcome was present every morning and when we returned each evening. The buffet breakfast was lovely - plenty to choose from and available from 6.30am. We were on the second floor just opposite the lift. It was a little noisy with loud voices but we only heard these on our first night. The room was cleaned daily - our only issue, the bed creaked at one side, every time my husband moved.
When we landed at the airport we caught the S Bahn to Anhalter station, changing at Sudkreuz. This cost us just over 3 Euros each. Going back we caught a taxi, due to an early flight, which was at the hotel within 2 mins of being requested. This cost us 31 Euros. Hotel is within easy walking distance of Topographie des Terrors, Checkpoint Charlie and is very handy for S Bahn stations to explore the city.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 03 are opposite the lift
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucy L
Dear Lucy L,

thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I´m very happy that you like our hotel, the staff, our breakfast and our location.
I will share your comment with your staff and hope on your next trip to berlin you stay again at your hotel.

Guest Service Assistant Sales
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel in February 2013 as an official guest of the Berlinale festival. Problems started right on the first day of my stay: there was no wi-fi in the hotel (!!! in the middle of the international festival and in the buisness area of Berlin!!!). As I had a MacBook I could not use the cable connection, it didn´t fit in. When I asked the staff to help me because I really needed internet for my work, they just said next year the wi-fi would be provided. I also didn´t like the hotel at all - for quite a high price you get a small room with no closet or wardrobe, also no minibar. The third day of my stay my room was robed as well as rooms of two other guests on the same floor - we all had the same type of MacBook and Apple devices and it happened while we were at a screening, so it could not have been coincidence. The hotel staff was not helpfull at all, they seemed to hide the accident as much as possible. They didn´t even help us with communication in German with the police. And didn´t say sorry at all, horrible situation. I still didn´t get compensation from their insurance company and I also had problem to reach any responsible of the hotel - only when I contact the CEO of Holiday Inn Europe, somebody finally wrote me an apologize and began to look after the case. Never ever!

Room Tip: I don´t recommand the hotel at all, anyway if you go there check the room and refuse any t the end o...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tereza S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear Tereza S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely regret that this recent visit of your was a disappointment due to the issues experienced with the Internet connection and shortcomings received in the service of the staff. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed here one night after staying the previous night in the Marriott down the street near Potsdammer Platz. I would much rather have stayed at the Marriott one more night instead of here, but was meeting up with a group that was staying here so had to switch. The room was very basic. Clean, but nothing fancy. Breakfast was very basic for Germany. Wifi was not available in the rooms, so our entire group was bunched up in the lobby (where it was) checking our email, etc... Not exactly convenient, and the connection was not very fast. It was password protected and the desk staff gave out a couple different codes that were apparently in the process of switching over to new ones, making it a pain for several of us to connect. It is in a mostly residential neighborhood and is a good 15 minute walk or so to Potsdammer Platz. There is a small neighborhood grocery store across the street for food and drinks and there are a couple restaurants just across the street within a block that werent too bad for a decent meal. Not anything worthy of a review, but okay. You are about a ten minute walk from the Topography of Terror and probably 20 minutes to the Brandenburg gate from here. If I were in Berlin again, I would choose a hotel with better access to restaurants, transportation connections, and sights than this one. But with central access comes higher cost as well. To me its worth it. It was okay, but not good enough to get me to come back again when in Berlin.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GSM_HIEX_Berlin_CC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
I shared your comments with our front office .

On your next trip to Berlin, we would be pleased to welcome you back!

Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

The hotel is in good location, and easy to walk to many of the sites of interest. There are a couple of good restaurants within walking distance and a supermarket just opposite. We had 4 nights here in a room on the 3rd floor at the front of the building. The room was an adequate size, clean and tidy with little sign of wear and tear. The hotel was too hot and as the AC did not cool, we had to leave the window open to try and keep the room cool enough to sleep in. Traffic noise was not such a problem (you expect that in a city centre hotel), but the noise from the people congregating outside to drink and smoke was obtrusive. As others have commented, the presence of school parties is a problem, with the foyer being crowded and noisy in the evenings, and breakfast getting a little crowded. The breakfast was excellent with a good range of items and continually topped up. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay again if in Berlin, but would ask for a room at the back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the front to avoid traffic and people noise. Also ask for a room away from...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DrDee-1
GSM_HIEX_Berlin_CC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for this review.
I´m happy that you enjoy your stay and like our central location, the rooms, our staff and our breakfast.
Thank you for give us the information about the AC, I will share your comment with our staff.
And I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

I hope you come back if you stay the next time at berlin.

gladly to a room at the back!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stayed for 4 nights and found the hotel clean, comfortable and welcoming. However our first 3 nights were ruined due to noise disturbance. A group of italian students were staying at the inn and seemed to have no thought for other guests. As we went to bed at around 11.00pm they went out, resulting on noise between 1.00 - 2.00pm when they returned. On the night before my half marathon run I was awoken at 1.10am by loud banging on my door. My husband answered the door and found two female students, consuming alcohol, knocking for a friend at wrong room! As this group of students left on sunday morning, another group arrived in the afternoon. Sunday night we were woken up at 1.45am by an internal phone call. The caller was a male asking for a girl, using her name several times, and refusing to accept he had a wrong room number. The caller was speaking in italian. We were moved to the 6th floor for our final night, which was peaceful and disturbance free. The reception staff were very helpful, and our stay would have been fine if the students had not spoilt it. Altough the hotel wasn't to blame, before staying here again I would check no school parties were booked in at the same time as myself.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank DEBSDREAMS
Dear DEBSDREAMS,

thank you very much for taking the time to write this review.
I´m very happy that you like our hotel but I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
I very hope you have a good time at our hotel and will come again.

Best regards from Berlin

Jimbaran, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

Location is near Postdamar Platz, near The Ritz Carlton, and Hyatt. Very nice area. From lobby of Holiday Inn, just get out and turn left to stroll around. This is not really in shopping area, but there is a good medium size shopping mall nearby. Choices of restaurant are just around the hotel.

Rooms is just perfect, standard to Holiday Inn Express, new and very clean, Payable internet in room is using cable, and very FAST. Wifi is free in the lobby.

It is a lovely hotel, space in Holiday Inn Express is still adequate for two people with 2 luggages. Love IHG brand. Perhaps if equipped with empty refrigerator will be good enough in the future.
to keep cool water and some food and juices.

Room Tip: high floor and street view is nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for writeting this review.
Thanks for loveing IHG BRANDS.

I very hope you come back to our hotel, if you stay the next time at Berlin

Best regards