Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
1,594 results
All reviewspotsdamer platzcheckpoint charliehi expressnetto supermarketboiled eggsice machineminute walkcontinental breakfasts bahnthe breakfast areabuilding sitethe sofa bedwalking distanceshort staycold meatsyogurtpublic transport
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

We asked for a quiet, non smoking room on a low floor. What we got was a room above the bar that was noisy in the evenings til 01.30 and the smoke( which rises) filled our room while we were trying to sleep. It's supposed to be a non smoking hotel. However, location good, breakfast good and fresh (a little like a cattle market when hotel full) and the rooms are kept clean. Staff very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013
GSM_HIEX_Berlin_CC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review.
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
I´m happy that you enjoy your stay nevertheless.
And I´m happy that you like our staff, our central location and our breakfast.

On your next trip to Berlin, we would be pleased to welcome you back!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

....the Hotel could be too, if there would be a few changes. The first is on the outside of the Hotel (even thought this is not on Hotel property...empty lot next to Hotel) it is an absolute mess, trashy and makes for poor first impression. The young man on the reception desk when we arrived had wrong charges for my reservation (which was already paid in full) for the 2 room we had reserved (charged for 4 and 8 adults). Got that sort of straightened out the next day. The room was clean and so was the bed, all of that a good value. The bed "small" (we are used to a king size). The Bathroom looked clean, but had leftover toiletries from previous guest. The dining room was okay and the food good (typical european foods); just very crowed as a large group of italian students were there. On the last day they were gone and the rolls and bread were left over from the day before (warmed up to refresh and some burned). The location is good to public transport and areas of interest to see. Except for the young man when we arrived, the personell was friendly and helpful. I would stay there again and since I'm still not sure whether my billing was correct, I would just make a downpayment instead of fully paying ahead of time. I would however recommend staying at the HIE Center City. Was there with husband and two friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Monika C
GSM_HIEX_Berlin_CC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Monica C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
I´m happy that you like our rooms, the central location and our breakfast.
I would like to apologize for your inconvenience at your check in and I´m sorry that you mean that you have leftover toiletries from a previous guest. ( The toiletries is a promotion for our guests).

I would be very pleased if you would choose our hotel again for your next Berlin trip.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed here for one night back in march '13, Its a pretty standard HI Express, maybe even a little better than standard - I went down to reception to borrow an iron and staff said they'd deliver it to my room - yay!! In all the other HIExpresses I always had to collect my iron and I must say I really didnt expect it delivered :) To be honest, I was mostly out in town, which is easily reachable on foot as well as by underground - there are 2 stations close to the hotel, supermarket just opposite the hotel is great and cheap. I can only praise night staff - very professional young men :) Breakfast was good, plenty of choice of cereal, breads, yoghurt was lovely, and the best bit was the almond cake - yummmm!!! The only reason I marked it down a bit is because I booked a double non-smoking room and was guaranteed it untill 6pm of the day of arrival - but when I arrived at 3.30 pm, I didnt get it. Ended up in an accessible smoking double, and though Im a smoker myself and didnt really mind, I dont usually smoke where I sleep, Oh well, it was just one night, I didnt die and still got my double bed, so all is good and I would stay here again :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank moonlightam

Dear moonlightam,

thank you for this positiv review about our hotel, our staff , our service and our breakfast.
I´m very happy that you enjoy your stay and that you will come back on your next Berlin trip.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

We have just returned from 4 nights in this hotel and we were really impressed with everything. We were expected and welcomed warmly by the staff - this welcome was present every morning and when we returned each evening. The buffet breakfast was lovely - plenty to choose from and available from 6.30am. We were on the second floor just opposite the lift. It was a little noisy with loud voices but we only heard these on our first night. The room was cleaned daily - our only issue, the bed creaked at one side, every time my husband moved.
When we landed at the airport we caught the S Bahn to Anhalter station, changing at Sudkreuz. This cost us just over 3 Euros each. Going back we caught a taxi, due to an early flight, which was at the hotel within 2 mins of being requested. This cost us 31 Euros. Hotel is within easy walking distance of Topographie des Terrors, Checkpoint Charlie and is very handy for S Bahn stations to explore the city.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 03 are opposite the lift
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy L

Dear Lucy L,

thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I´m very happy that you like our hotel, the staff, our breakfast and our location.
I will share your comment with your staff and hope on your next trip to berlin you stay again at your hotel.

Guest Service Assistant Sales

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel in February 2013 as an official guest of the Berlinale festival. Problems started right on the first day of my stay: there was no wi-fi in the hotel (!!! in the middle of the international festival and in the buisness area of Berlin!!!). As I had a MacBook I could not use the cable connection, it didn´t fit in. When I asked the staff to help me because I really needed internet for my work, they just said next year the wi-fi would be provided. I also didn´t like the hotel at all - for quite a high price you get a small room with no closet or wardrobe, also no minibar. The third day of my stay my room was robed as well as rooms of two other guests on the same floor - we all had the same type of MacBook and Apple devices and it happened while we were at a screening, so it could not have been coincidence. The hotel staff was not helpfull at all, they seemed to hide the accident as much as possible. They didn´t even help us with communication in German with the police. And didn´t say sorry at all, horrible situation. I still didn´t get compensation from their insurance company and I also had problem to reach any responsible of the hotel - only when I contact the CEO of Holiday Inn Europe, somebody finally wrote me an apologize and began to look after the case. Never ever!

Room Tip: I don´t recommand the hotel at all, anyway if you go there check the room and refuse any t the end of corridor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tereza S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear Tereza S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely regret that this recent visit of your was a disappointment due to the issues experienced with the Internet connection and shortcomings received in the service of the staff. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.

Regards,