“Very friendly and value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Pension Messe
Ranked #508 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Hamburg, Germany
“Very friendly and value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

Cheap and friendly.
This hotel is well located, next to Schloss Charlottenburg (which is really worth the trip). The room was big and clean, though a bit noisy. The breakfast was easy but good.
Last, the hotel kept my luggage all day long after the checkout in a safe place (they even checked my room number when I came back to pick it up, which I found really good).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with a street window.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Torshavn, Faroe Islands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2011

Passing through Berlin, I stayed for two nights with my family. We were 5 people in one room with on-suite bathroom, and we had no problems booking the extra bed. We didn´t expect much because it was cheap, and we were a bit apprehensive when we arrived and saw the reception. Fortuneately we were pleseantly surprised. We had a great stay without any problems. One thing though - because it´s an old building you can hear very well through the walls, so bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Olbia, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

I staid only one night but I found friendly and helpful staff, even if some of them did not speak english at all.
The hotel is ok but nothing special, located in a building shared with few private houses, in the west part of Berlin, and in my opinion, in the best district of Berlin - Charlottenburg. Underground station is nearby, walking distance.
The breakfast is good and with wide choice in terms of what does the room costs.
The room was pretty warm, even without turning on the heating, thing which I appreciated given the averages Berlin temperatures.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

Remaining in this hotel was one of my best experience and I enjoyed it very much.

1 Thank ShimShim30
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2010

I travelled 6 Europe countries this year with my wife and I have little time for booking a hotel in Berlin. I was confused and despaired of finding a suitable place for stay. I needed a calm, clean, priceless, and with good location. Thank God that I saw this hotel in the website and I choosed it. When we arrived with my wife and my son-in-law; we shocked a little. We thought that we wasted our money. But when we went inside, checked in and arrived at their room, the atmosphere absorbed us and took us to grandmother's memories. Hotel is calm, clean, old stylish and etc. I liked it. It is a little far from City center but have good availability to public transportation. We had good time and memories here.

2 Thank PePa23
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

Well, we were 3 and looking for a cheap place, last minute we found here but we we reched there it was unexpectedly clean, cozy and worth for money.
Breakfast was really good, bathrooms renovated and comfortable beds.
Hotel brought us a nostalgic feeling and reminding granndma home, we really enjoyed it and definitely recommend to others.

1 Thank Alialexie
hashmonaim israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

we knew something was fishy when we walked up the musty staircase. Dark and dingy. The reception person insisted we pay cash -- we need the money, she said.

Very fishy.
I told her I don't carry cash on me, so she said, ok, pay tomorrow. I asked if we can have breakfast earlier, she said no, it would cost her more money. Also, she told us that there was no one at the reception desk in the evenings.. Everything was no. Then we went upstairs to the room; it was hot, depressing and full of kitchy furniture and we said: no way.

We called the Aletto hostel where my kids once stayed, booked a room, and we of course had to pay a cancellation fee to pension messe. For that she was willing to take a credit card, all of a sudden.
We got a great deal at the hostel, small, but clean and airy, great service, 24/7 coffee, basic but good breakfast even at 6:30 am. Friendly and helpful.

That's the way any place, even a basic one, ought to be like.

nettie feldman
nettief@gmail.com

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank afternoonschmoozer

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels