“cheap”
Review of Pension Messe

Pension Messe
Ranked #478 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I spent some time in this hotel, when I stayed in Berlin during a huge exhibition. It was really difficult to find any free rooms in Berlin, expecially close to the exhibition. It was a releif, when I found this pension, where we had a inexpensive room for some nights. I remember, that I did not have any problem with heating or hot water. But I also remember that the doors were not proper and we could enjoy the smoke comming from our next door neighboor.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Pension Messe

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Cheap and friendly.
This hotel is well located, next to Schloss Charlottenburg (which is really worth the trip). The room was big and clean, though a bit noisy. The breakfast was easy but good.
Last, the hotel kept my luggage all day long after the checkout in a safe place (they even checked my room number when I came back to pick it up, which I found really good).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with a street window.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2011

Passing through Berlin, I stayed for two nights with my family. We were 5 people in one room with on-suite bathroom, and we had no problems booking the extra bed. We didn´t expect much because it was cheap, and we were a bit apprehensive when we arrived and saw the reception. Fortuneately we were pleseantly surprised. We had a great stay without any problems. One thing though - because it´s an old building you can hear very well through the walls, so bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I staid only one night but I found friendly and helpful staff, even if some of them did not speak english at all.
The hotel is ok but nothing special, located in a building shared with few private houses, in the west part of Berlin, and in my opinion, in the best district of Berlin - Charlottenburg. Underground station is nearby, walking distance.
The breakfast is good and with wide choice in terms of what does the room costs.
The room was pretty warm, even without turning on the heating, thing which I appreciated given the averages Berlin temperatures.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Remaining in this hotel was one of my best experience and I enjoyed it very much.

1  Thank ShimShim30
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I travelled 6 Europe countries this year with my wife and I have little time for booking a hotel in Berlin. I was confused and despaired of finding a suitable place for stay. I needed a calm, clean, priceless, and with good location. Thank God that I saw this hotel in the website and I choosed it. When we arrived with my wife and my son-in-law; we shocked a little. We thought that we wasted our money. But when we went inside, checked in and arrived at their room, the atmosphere absorbed us and took us to grandmother's memories. Hotel is calm, clean, old stylish and etc. I liked it. It is a little far from City center but have good availability to public transportation. We had good time and memories here.

2  Thank PePa23
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Well, we were 3 and looking for a cheap place, last minute we found here but we we reched there it was unexpectedly clean, cozy and worth for money.
Breakfast was really good, bathrooms renovated and comfortable beds.
Hotel brought us a nostalgic feeling and reminding granndma home, we really enjoyed it and definitely recommend to others.

1  Thank Alialexie