“I would definetely go back there again”
Review of Eden am Zoo

Eden am Zoo
Ranked #549 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Crawley, United Kingdom
“I would definetely go back there again”
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Nice & quiet place, not far from the city centre with bus/underground just round the corner. Easy to reach from Schönefeld Airport, just follow directions given on the website. The room we've been given (No 11) was clean and equipped in everything we needed to stay there for 2-3 nights. The only thing we would find useful would be a bin in the room not only in the bathroom. Also it gets a little bit noisy every time when you take shower/flush the toilet, it wouldn't turn me off that place though. Buffet style breakfast is included in the price of the room, so you can enjoy it before you start exploring Berlin.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Graz, Austria
Reviewed 1 February 2010

Great value for money! Rooms were clean and quiet. Location is great (although it is a little bit difficult to find). Breakfast could be better, but it was OK.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 May 2008

I had to drop my Wife off on the street to go in and get our room while I parked in a no parking spot 2 blocks away and waited 10 mins to make sure she would be back out on the sidewalk when I came back to get her. Then I parked near the hotel half blocking an entrance to a car garage. I waited there for about another 10 mins. Then I was very lucky to have someone leave and I moved into their spot right away.

The Parking is on the street (not on site) with a parking card they give you to use. You have to let them hold your drivers license or passport until you give back the parking card. Good luck finding one of those tight parking spots if you show up between 9:00am and 6:00pm. I hated leaving my rental car along this busy and crowded street for the 5 nights I booked online and stayed here. It survived without damage though. It is very, very, very busy here! A lot of traffic, tight streets, and pedestrians.

When you walk in the (semi-dirty looking) ground floor and the 1st floor are apartments then you get to the hotel part on the second floor. None of the 4 different staff that I talked to while we were there spoke any English but, hey, I'm in Germany and I should speak their langauge. On the 2nd floor it was clean and appears to have been recently painted in the large room we had. The 2nd floor also seemed to be slightly unlevel so watch it if you have too many of those great German beers!

We (my Wife and I) came back to our locked room after the 1st day out at 9:00pm. I opened the lock (without any bind, pressure, or force) on the only luggage bag that I had locked before we left and the lock fell onto the floor in 5 pieces??? This lock was new and not defective! It was one of those cheap ones that comes with the American Touristor luggage, but after turning the key, onto the floor went one complete half, the curved locking bar, and the other half was broken into 3 pieces?????????? Nothing that I know of was missing from my luggage or the room. I kept my valuables in the car or with me.

I mentioned it to a staff member who took me to a guest's room for interpretation purposes. When he (the guest) opened the door, he was wearing bikini underwear and zipping up his pants (he apologized), in the background in the room was another male in bikini underwear.
The man spoke great english and basically the women said it was a family business and doubted the cleaning person or anyone had anything to do with my lock falling apart. So, puzzled and unsure as to why my lock fell into pieces, I accepted her response and went back to my room for the night. Wow, an unsolved mystery!!! The rest of my stay was ok.

This hotel is close to public transportation, good food and drinks, shopping, etc. The hotel staff was nice and helpful and the buffet breakfast was great. We only paid 60 euros a night.

We both aren't that hard to please and would not stay here again!

• Liked — close to public transportation, food/drinks, and shopping.
  • Disliked — No telephone in the room, toilet paper roll sits on the back of the toilet, apartments are in the same building with the hotel, Parking on the street when you find a spot.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels

Land of Oz
Reviewed 17 May 2007

Quite large place in a great part of Berlin. Good restaurants and shopping in the area. Breakfast was ample and served until 10 I believe. I had a single with a shower (toilet down the hall) the last week in March and paid 40 euro per night - in cash only....no plastic. A decent and well run place as far as I could tell... single rooms small but for those on a budget...just right. The bus from TXL goes right to it. Ask the bus agent at the airport.. Recommend.

• Liked — clean and price was good.
  • Disliked — it was okay. what I expected for the price
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank sacolao
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 February 2006

This is definately not what I would call a hostel. It is more like your traditional German Pension. The Russian Women who run it are gorgeous, the breakfast is a hearty spread and the rooms are cheap, clean and spacious. I will definately stay there again when I return to Berlin

• Stayed December 2005