“not that creepy”
Review of Arta Lenz Hotel

Arta Lenz Hotel
Ranked #580 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Its location is very good , near the city center for shopping and all activities , the room itself nice in the middle of apartment facing garden , the room is huge and the ceiling is totally high , but the bathroom is tiny . no amenities at all only towel and clean sheet. the breakfast is quite ok for this small hotel. you need to pay for wifi and the connection not that fast , but if you considering budget hotel its a place to be. you can find a lot of food stores and bakery nearby. and taking taxi to city center will cost you around 10 euros

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I've heard about this hotel from my friend. So, this hotel is almost in the centre of the city - location is really perfect, I think. 5 min walking to the U-Bahn station. This hotel has russian speaking staff - what is very comfortable for russian tourists. Rich, fresh and tasty breakfast. Warm and cozy room, vintage elevator. Staff is friendly. If you come back to the hotel after 23.00 - it'll be closed already - that's why at the time of your check-in you'll be given a personal key - you can use it if you come late at night. Small Tv - but it's not a great disadvantage for me. Thanks once again for warm welcome!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Very good, clean, centrally located, near metro, well connected, near famous shopping Center.... every thing is good except the erratic lift, especially for people who are on 3rd or 4th floor

Very good breakfast (included in the tariff) ... value for money

Room Tip: Good location. Ask for rooms for 1st and 2nd floor if lift (elevator) is not functioning
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Spent 3 nights in Berlin with 2 other female friends. Situated via a bus and tube journey from the airport which was relatively straightforward journey (once someone told us). Short walk from amenities and popular routes where you can catch a tourist bus, which you can hop and off for the main sights. Nice area and nice Italian restaurant at the end of the road (very friendly owner). We stayed local in the evenings, but were very near to the tube. Breakfast buffet, fresh, plentiful, and plenty of seating. Staff friendly and speak English, street quiet and safe. Would recommend for couples, family, solo travelers on a budget (or even not on a budget!). Will stay there again if I visit Berlin.

Room Tip: We had a room for three people facing the street, second floor I think.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vicky H
Reviewed 23 January 2013

the hotel itself is nice and location good but the manager if thats what you can call him was the most aggressive ignorant horrible excuse for a human that i have ever encountered, when we came in at about 2.30 from a night out he shouted at us in german and when we checked out he tried toi with hold one of our passports while again shouting at us, we got the feeling he thaught we were english and thats where the problem lay. a physical confrontation could have easliy arose. if your english or speak english and can be mistaken as english look else where

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank milanarmando
Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

The room is clean, but no very big. The location is very convenient (nearest U-Bahn station 5-7 minutes to go). On the reception speaks English, Turkish and Russian languages. It's a good offer for this price.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Ok it was a late booking 7 rooms , the photos seemed ok even the reviews .
I was told I had to pay for all the rooms in advance, I did, we had rooms that did not resemble the photos. I had a room with a bathroom down a service corridor right next to the kitchen, the noise was terrible, one of my team could not stay , I requested moving to that room as I had paid for it 1 hour of argument later I was allowed to stay in a room that I had paid for! One of my team forgot to hand in their keys,they wanted €150 cash not credit card , we were threatened, had to call police.
Finally accepted a credit card payment. My advice avoid this hotel at all costs.

Room Tip: There are none
Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business