“Great location, modern, touch small”

Quentin Design hotel
Ranked #300 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
North Yorkshire
“Great location, modern, touch small”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

This hotel was great, very close to an underground station (Nollanderplatz). It was modern inside and the rooms were nice but very cozy. there wasn't really space to put a suitcase down out the way, but we spent little time in the room so it didn't really bother us that much. And for most people visiting Berlin there is so much to see and do in Berlin you shouldnt find yourself sat in a hotel room all day.

The breakfast were £10 each per day so we opted to not take these. and so glad we did. on seeing the breakfast laid out it was not very impressive and not worth that price at all. At the underground (U-Bahn) station there was a lovely little stall that did sandwiches and freshly baked foods which was great. and cost only a fraction of the hotel breakfast.

The staff were friendly, and helpful. we locked ourself out of the safe and had no extra charge and it sorted right away. The downfall was the lift, our room was on the 4th floor and we would spend a good 5 minutes at either the top or bottom waiting for it, somewhat slow. but nothing major.

Many people have written about carpet stains, the carpets are cream which is rather impractical but i noticed no stains apart from under the radiator. The only real problem we encountered was that most the mini bar stock was out of date (chocolates and fizzy drinks), we requested for this to be changed on the day we got there but they never did. it been overpriced anyway we took to buying a few bits from the shop on the way to the hotel and there was also an off licence style place towards the underground station on the other side of the road which was very cheap.

But you only get what you pay for I have no major grumbles and would stay again especially at its low price. Also Berlin is an amazing place, so much to do and so much history. We came for the new year celebrations which were better than expected!

There was also a lovely sixties american style diner just near the underground station up the road from the hotel. Fantastic, must go. Ate there twice during our stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you want a more regular sized room
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Malmö
Reviewed 24 December 2012

I chose this hotel for its location. It was a bonus that there is still no charges (yet) for parking on the street. Design means not old-styled but is otherwise not that remarkable. I had a small room which was fine for a couple of days. The Internet was working and included in the price. The breakfast is not really good value; better to try something different everyday in any of the cafes nearby.

Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2012

After spending an hour wandering round in the snow trying to find the hotel (it was very near the station) I and my girlfriend were very happy to finally end up in a warm and comfortable room.

The room itself was modern, contemporary and spacious. The glass division between the bathroom and bedroom is different; it will not be to everybody's taste. However the bathroom was clean and well-equipped... even a shaving kit was supplied.

The bed itself was very comfortable and the entire room seemed as if it was decorated recently as it was up-to-date with modern colour schemes. It was also cleaned every day, supplied with fresh towels and sheets.

The location of the hotel is absolutely ideal for those who wish to see the centre of Berlin. Nollendorfplatz, the local station, is less than a 5 minute walk and has access to four different metro lines which can take you right across the city. It is two stops from Zoological Gardens in which you can get the Airport Express to Schoenefeld Airport.

We did not have breakfast, 10 euros a morning each seemed a little pricey so I could not comment on that.

Whilst we did not speak to the reception staff much, they were keen to help with any issues we had. One kind gentleman on reception even contacted a few of the local bars to inquire as to whether they were playing the English Premier League on the Sunday!

Overall, whilst trying to remain fairly impartial from a wonderful weekend overall, the hotel was of excellent value for money. I have never written a review on this website before, but felt particularly impressed and felt the need to. It was perfectly situated and definitely appeals to a young couple on a weekend break.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam_K_N
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We've spent one night in this hotel. At first we liked the room, its design, but later, we were unpleasantly surprised:
- there were the stains on the walls
- the water in the bathtub did not flow down at all, so we could not even take a shower!
- no soap in the bathroom
- the louver in the bathroom did not work
- the hotel is noisy (our room was on the first floor near the elevator)
- poor breakfast, no warm food
- during our evening walk somebody visited our room (not a cleaner)

NOTE! It was a Luxury Double Room! The hotel staff told me that they're full and there were no other normal rooms.

P.S. Interesting location, with a lot of pride flags on the balconies

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 November 2012

The room design is nice, if a little strange to have the wall of glass between the bathroom and bedroom. Probably better if you are alone to not wake up your partner in the middle of the night. The carpet needed a good cleaning. Bed was comfortable. Good internet connection. Has a refrigerator, and since my rate did not include breakfast, I used it to store a few breakfast items. Also, there are a number of good places nearby where you can get a less expensive and nicer breakfast than at the hotel. My biggest issue was mediocre service. I stayed there a week, and asked every day about the telephone in my room. I left without ever being able to make an outgoing call. I found that I often had to play 20 questions with hotel staff to get the full information on most things. I often got half information. For example, one morning at 7:00 I asked about laundry. The person at the front desk said to bring it to his colleague at the front desk later that morning. When I did at 9:30, I was told it needed to be there at 9:00 or I would have to pay a 10 euro rush fee. So... why didn't the person that morning mention the 9:00 deadline? It also took 4 days to get a "do not disturb" sign to put on my door. Really? The hotel is well located and about 2 blocks from Nollendorf U-Bahn station, but I will likely return to other hotels in the neighborhood where I have stayed in the past.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed 30 October 2012

The service and quality very much surprised me. I stayed for two nights, and I choose this hotel for its location near the conference I was attending and for the price. The people at the reception were responsive, the room very clean and modern with everything you need, and the breakfast surprisingly good. Many hotels could learn from Quentin on how to provide a satisfactory breakfast at a low price. I will definitely choose this hotel again for a short stay in Berlin.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris W
Berlin
Reviewed 27 September 2012

The service was good and the room was very good, and I slept very well in the bed. It was very near shops and the U-bahn to visit the Innotransmesse. I liked best the room, but I did'nt like when the cleaningstaff open the door early in the morning while we still was in bed, and allso one time when we had hang the sign "No" on the door. And it was difficult to change temperatur in the room.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com