“Nice and very clean small hostel”

EastSeven Berlin Hostel
Ranked #2 of 349 Speciality Lodging in Berlin
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Nice and very clean small hostel”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I liked the East Seven overall. It was extremely clean, easy to get anywhere in the city via transit, and the neighborhood itself was interesting. The kitchen was excellent and the outdoor garden was a nice spot to relax in the evening. Happy hour beers were a good deal, too. And the staff were very knowledgeable and helpful. My one issue was as a solo traveler it wasn't that easy for me to meet other travelers... It seemed to be mostly very tight knit friends and couples when I was staying there, so just not a very social atmosphere in the common area.

1 Thank isabelisabelisabel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed in an eight bed dorm for five nights while touring the city. Bedrooms and bathrooms were nice. Decent hostel breakfast with cereals and toast and friendly staff. A lot of students were staying there and actually doing school work in the common area, so the atmosphere wasn't the best when I was there. Pretty much only had Americans staying in my dorm the whole time I was there (some coming home at 6am after partying). Would have wished for a more international crowd! Area around the hostel is for young families and is quiet. Staff did laundry for me while I was there, but I remember it being expensive compared to other hostels I've stayed at. Wifi cut out some times on the second floor. Connection to the U-bahn is at the end of the block, which was really convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here on a Eurotrip and without doubt one of the top two hostels on our travels, the other being in Nice. Super friendly staff, and met a few folk at the barbeque they have out the back of the hostel! 5 mins away from the metro.

We went a walking tour of Berlin and someone came to the hostel to meet us, the tour was about 3 hours long and was free, only had to give a tip at the end. The guide was great so we gave him a very generous tip for the tour. A great way to see the city and a great place to stay when you are in the city!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Quite simply put, one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Stayed in a private double with shared bathroom. The room reminded me of someones really tidy bedroom, rather than the characterless or shabby feel many other places have in the bedrooms. Staff were incredible; realising that he had accidently overcharged my card by €3, Christian chased me down the corridor spewing apologies. There is a tidy kitchen (again, it feels like your friends house. But a tidy and grown up friend with spices and a dishwasher, so probably not my actual friends), free wifi, a garden, book shelf, common room, oh just go and stay there, you'll find out the rest. Great area, lots of cafes to hang out looking like a hipster in, and newsagents, to hang out looking like a tramp on a bench with a beer. A lidl supermarket nearby completes my Deutsch dream.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Travelling on my own this year and I loved this little hostel. It is immaculate when it comes to cleanliness, staff are friendly and it's a great place to meet some new people and get chatting. You do have to get the metro to get to the centre but metro is only a stones throw away.
Loved it and would definitely return again!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff were extremely rude and acted annoyed if you went to ask them anything, not a welcoming atmosphere at all. The laundry service was also dodgy - I'm not even sure if they washed some of my clothes, basically avoid this place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank d m
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Although I am not a "hosteler", we made a decision to do so in Berlin thinking our two teen daughters would enjoy the experience.We put our "hotel" expectations away. I have to say we were very pleased with the accomodations from the helpful friendly staff, cleanliness throughout and comfortable beds and surroundings. It is in a convenient and cool location.
I would suggest asking for rooms on the lower floors if you are not a big hiker, as I am not!

Room Tip: lower floors facing garden!