All reviews central hostel great location a private double room tourist attractions are bed dorm hostels lockers alexanderplatz sinks supermarket backpackers padlock bunk mirror hangers train hairdryer
Reviewed 4 April 2015

I travelled with a group of friends and we wanted somewhere cheap, clean and central to stay for our trip. The staff were extremely helpful and accomodating and the rooms and bathroom facilities were clean, if simple. A great value hostel.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2015

It was ok. A bit difficult to find at the beginning because the road and road sign are quite small.

Good location, about 5 mins form Alexanderplaz, and 10-15 mins from Brandenburg Gate and Central Berlin. I didn't get the train/bus once because I just didn't need too. It was all very close for me. The location was great!

The people at reception were nice as well. There didn't seem to be a lot of communication between them though....

I was told on arrival I would have to change rooms halfway through because there were groups coming and so I had to change rooms. That didn't really bother me that much, just a minor inconvenience but then I was told by someone else that actually I had to change for 2 nights instead of one. Everytime I went to a new person at reception they didn't know what was going on or why I would have to change, they would ask me why I was moving rooms so much and I told them, 'It was YOU who told me I had too.'
I was a bit annoyed to have to pay for the new sheets for every night I moved as well - I'm a student, every penny counts!

However, the woman who checked me in the first day actually apologised and gave me a free breakfast for the next day which I was grateful for. She was very apologetic when telling me this but it was annoying to have to explain that I was moving rooms to every new person at reception.

The breakfast wasn't for me but I'm a vegan so it was probably just that it wasn't suited for me. Everyone else seemed to be enjoying it though...

. 3 different types of meat, 3 different types of cheese and brie as well I think. There was a bowl of lettuce and cucumber (?). There were different types of bread, yogurt, sliced apple and sliced oranges. The sliced apple had all gone brown because it had been chopped too early.
There was cocopops, museli (but just the flakes and some cornflakes it seemed to be), cornflakes.
A German version of Nutella. orange juice, coffee and tea.

Overall it was good, the toilets were quite big, the showers too. The rooms were clean the lockers were okay too. The people at reception were nice despite the debacle with the room changing and no one knowing what was going on.

I didn't have a bad time but perhaps it would've been better if I had been in a group or maybe I would've have a better time if the breakfast had more fruit or something...

Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed 12 March 2015

Its a good location as quiet central, but yet still kinda difficult to find, lots of food places nearby and train or metro services not far off either, its full of students so lot of noise, i did made really good friends here so defo recommend it.

Date of stay: May 2014
Reviewed 3 March 2015

Citystay hostel is a great place to stay if you're looking for a 5-star service and a clean, comfortable place to stay. The staff was great. They answered all my questions and even gave me tips as to what to see and do in Berlin. Plus, they have a really great social media presence, so it's fun to follow them and see the latest updates and Berlin on Facebook!

Date of stay: February 2015
Reviewed 22 February 2015

This hostel was good in terms of location, cost and hygiene. The showers weren't that great, a bit small for my liking but the bathrooms were good. It also lacked atmosphere. While i was there were no nights hosted..Overall, not bad!

Date of stay: June 2014