“A little bland but comfortable”

Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm
Ranked #26 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Sydney, Australia
“A little bland but comfortable”
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

The booking for my car pickup didn't come through. Which was deeply stressful as I was travelling alone and made the mistake of clearing customs without realising the baggage claim was straight after passport control. It all happens straight off the airbridge so confussing and must happen a bit as there were three other couples waiting in a grim hut in the middle of no where with me.

Of course my bag mix up was not the fault of the hotel. But I was tired and in a bit of a state and so did appreciate it when finally they arranged a car to meet me.

The hotel room is not exactly character filled but still very comfortable. Great bed and good layout to the room. The outlook is not appealling at least from the 7th floor to depressing untended garden beds of the building opposite.

Room service breakfast was exceptial, payup from for a terrific deal. And staff were friendly and very helpful. A five minute walking to the fab shopping at legendary Ka De Ve. I would probably try the old east side next time I stay, but the hotel worked well and so I would happily, if not excitedly, return.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Voyages27
HCBBerlin, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Voyages27,

Thank you very much for your positive review.

I am very sorry that the booking for your pick up
did not go through. But at least I am happy that you
found your way to the hotel and that all has been
clarified.

Thanks for your compliments about the breakfast
in the restaurant Saint Germain, I will pass that to
my colleagues.

We all hope to welcome you back very soon.

ccolmorgen@concorde-hotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
The Hague
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Had a less successful experience a few weeks ago at the other side of the street (Swissotel) and tried the Concorde for the first time. Was lucky enough to get an upgrade to the executive floor. Nice, calmly decorated, extremely professional hotel. Big rooms, everything neatly taken care of. Airco a bit noisy. Elaborate breakfast service. Friendly staff all over. Maybe just a bit less atmospheric than the other side of the street, but certainly more suitable to the business traveler. A good place where it is easy to feel at home. Will return.

Room Tip: The upgrade to the executive floor is always nice to get...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
HCBBerlin, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear RonT58,

Thank you so much for your positive review.

I am very happy to hear that you liked the location
and style of the hotel.

We are happy to welcoming back soon.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed on a travelzoo deal of which I'm never sure what to expect, but wow! It was great! Nice big rooms, clean, comfortable & quite. Staff were superb from concierge to front desk to servers to housekeeping! Breakfast was part of our deal and it was fabulous! Of course when it includes coffee of choice (cappuccino, latte, etc.) and self serve mimosas that gets bonus points in my book! The hotel is in a perfect location close to sights, transit, restaurants, etc. Of course Tegel will soon be shut down but the X9 bus from the airport drops you off just 3 blocks away which couldn't be more convenient. The 100 or 200 that takes you to Bradenburg Gate or as far as Alexanderplatz is also close by. I wouldn't hesitate to book the Concorde again should I have a future trip to Berlin. I would much prefer stay in the area of the Concorde than in Berlin Mitte.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
HCBBerlin, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear yvrsky,

I am very glad that you had such a wonderful, enjoyable and
relaxing time with us.
Thanks for your positive comments about the breakfast buffet.

I hope to see you soon again here in Berlin!

Kindest regards,

Israel
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We really loved the hotel; our room was on the executive floor with free entrance to the lounge. The room is very big very clean, we loved the decor.
The bathroom was sparkling white, big with a shower and a bath.
The location is great: there is a U station close to the hotel and bus, U, and S station (ZOO) 3 minutes walking.
The food in the lounge was very good. The service was excellent.
The evening buffet was very reach, and with wines and alcohol, more than we expected.

Room Tip: Executive floor, it is worth it.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobe9999
Dear TJB03,

Thank you very much for your positive review.

I am ao happy that you had a good time in our wonderful
club lounge.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The hotel is nice, staff is friendly.
The plunge pool didn't work so we were very disappointed and actually this was my main reason for choosing and they didn't really care beside being polite...
Room is great, most things were clean. Great location in kudam... near shopping area and restaurants.
I expected a bit more from 5 stars hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
HCBBerlin, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Dear 668Anonymous,

Thank you for your comments.

I am sorry that the plunge pool did not work. It belongs to the wellness
area as a refreshment after the sauna/ steambath.
I regret that we did not meet your expectaions in that point.

Thanks for your comments about the location. We are classified as a five
star superior hotel. We would be very happy to welcome you back here.
Please try our wonderul and nice club lounge on the 11th floor for
a relaxing an luxury time in Berlin.

Best wishes

Lutz, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2012

The front desk staff and bellhops are warm and welcoming. Because it was in the morning our room was not ready, but they said it would be within one hour. It was no problem to leave our bags and find a nice Italian restaurant a couple blocks away for an omelette, toast and tea "brunch". The room is roomy, though only has one chair. Big closet area and huge green marble tiled bathroom with walk-in shower and huge tub as well as double sinks. I say this will be the best bathroom of our trip and I am right. Also, there is an entire window wall, which really helps anyone mildly claustrophobic (me!). Decor is mod/retro, and we liked it just fine. We had booked a deluxe room, with no breakfast. There is a great dept. store just across from the hotel when you walk out the front door. Go downstairs, and there is a deli, pastry, tea and coffee shop with tables, and a grocery/sundries. It is economical as well as being pleasant! There are also other restaurants as well as fast food all around here. We enjoyed staying here for pleasure and exploring Berlin. Although there is a U bahn quite close, we usually walked a few blocks to the Zoogarten stop since it is better connected with the places we were visiting. There are also quick options there, like Dunkin Donuts. (hey, don't judge, we were in a hurry one morning so we didn't miss our Reichstag tour!) Also, there was a free business Center, so easy to check email. The bed was a bit hard for our tastes, though if you are walking all day you will likely fall right asleep anyway. The hotel was very quiet and clean. I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room.
1 Thank Kim C
HCBBerlin, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear sally1cat,

Thank you so much for your positive review.

I am pleased to read that you liked our modern rooms that much.
Thanks for your compliment about the warm welcome from the
staff - will pass it to them.

Take care & See you soon in Berlin City

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I checked into the Hotel Concorde on April 25 for 4 night stay with my wife. My Orbitz reservation clearly stated the the booked room was 37 square meters. I checked into the room and noticed that it was much smaller, likely no more than 30 square meters. As an architect, I have a good sense of a room's size. I called the front desk and was told that a large room was not available at the time, but that our luggage would be moved to a larger room the following day.

When we returned to the hotel the next day in the evening the front desk told us that our luggage was moved to a larger room. We checked into the new room two floors down and found that it was a mirror image of the previous room and exactly the same size.

There is no excuse for the front desk wasting our time asking us to pack up our belongings only to move us to a room of the exact same size.

I cannot recommend any hotel with such a deceptive and unprofessional staff.

7 Thank pkim32
HCBBerlin, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear pkim32,

Thank you for your comments.

We already answered you regarding this incident and offered
a solution and I am looking forward to your answer.

Kindest regards