“Great location, helpful staff”

Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm
Ranked #32 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed 2 nights in a superior twin room February 2014.

The room was spacious, had a nice separate dressing area and a good bathroom. We were on the 8th floor and it was very quiet. beds were comfortable for me, though the room was too warm on the 1st night and we couldn't adjust the temperature. We opened the window on the 2nd day and that made it much better.

Breakfast was very good - excellent quality and good choice. Even champagne available. To be fair we had breakfast included (we joined "Concorde club" as we booked prior to transition to Sofitel, not sure I would have been willing to pay full rate per person for this.

Staff on front desk were very helpful, included receiving and printing email tickets for Fernsehenturm on day 2! One slight issue was I went to have a look at the gym a couple of times, but never seemed to be able to get access - didn't follow up as determination to exercise was lacking!

The only real sour note was buying a glass of wine in the bar on the 2nd night - menu said E8.50 (which i thought was a rip off but ordered anyway). I was then charged E17. It was explained to me that the menu was for 100ml, and the glass we got was 200ml. This was not only slightly underhand but total daylight robbery (especially as a 275ml bottle in the minibar was E9) and completely unacceptable to me. Shame, it slightly spoiled a nice stay.

Overall a good hotel, at a reasonable price and a great location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Sofitel_Berlin_KD, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Bonjour, thethistles_1 ,

Thank you very much for your detailled feedback and your compliments about spacious room, very good breakfast and helpful staff.

We are very proud to read that you liked it that much.

Carsten Colmorgen

Write a ReviewReviews (2,936)

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is my first time at this hotel. I have very high standards and this hotel and it's staff were perfect. I stayed in room 1009 and I was very impressed. I would like to mention the staff at the restaurant where I had breakfast. Very polite and exceptional service. Well done

• Stayed: March 2014
HABBerlin, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Bonjour, Garry S,

Thank you very much for your very nice comoliments about
the service and the staff.
We are very proud to read that you liked it that much.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Returned to this hotel in March 2014. Hotel had changed the management under Sofitel since February 2014. The service still good as all the staff member are the same. One thing need to promote was the new name which most taxi driver had trouble in finding the hotel but ended up in the other Sofitel Hotel in the same city.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HABBerlin, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Carman C,

Thank your very much for your very positive feedback.
I am very sorry about the confusion with the taxi driver.
Indeed one week before the change we promoted the
Sofitel with the taxi drivers but I guess there still will
be one who did not heard about it.
Please accept my sincere apologies.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Second time staying at the Hotel and again pleased to be there. Great location, good rooms, friendly staff and extremely helpful Concierge. Worth to try out yourself.

Check out the department store opposite to the hotel or KaDeVe within 10 mins walk. Lots of restaurants serving German and Italian close by. Your Concierge always give you good recommendation.

Dear Karl S,

Thanks so much for your compliments about
the very good concierge service. I will pass it
to my team.

I am really happy to read that you enjoyed your time
with us.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Hotel has recently been taken over by Sofitel. Just off the Kurfurstendamm, and very near the transport hub of the Zoological Gardens, and the department store, KaDeWe. A bit of a trip to other parts of town. There is an express bus to Tegel Airport from the transport hub, which is great too. The train to the main station takes about 12 minutes.

The hotel is excellent, feeling very new, and with well trained staff. I didn't use any of the facilities but the club floor was lovely, the room really comfortable and quiet, and the breakfast excellent. Check in was super, check out a little slow. But overall, I loved it here (on business) and would happily recommend it.

Room Tip: Club floor

Dear Gaffeur,

Thanks a lot for this great and very positive review.
I am very pleased to read that you liked the club lounge on the
11th floor and also your compliments to the service and staff.

We are looking forward to see you soon again here!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

That was our third or fourth stay in this hotel and the first time under Sofitel brand.

Not so many changes from being under Concorde management, not yet at least.
Actually, I hope it stays that way except one thing that I will mention below.

The staff is super friendly (as it was).
Espresso is very very good (as it was).
Rooms are super (as they were). I know it is a mater of taste - but it works so nice for us! Really good. Especially bathroom. The size, the douche - very good. Nothing to compare with many other high level hotels, especially in the surroundings (Ku'damm).
Choice of channels - okay. Many HD channels. Could not find English speaking, but I was not particularly looking ( we both speak German).

The minus is a lack of kettle and tea in rooms. Till now I was asking the reception to organize one for me - it was not a problem. This time they asked for 12 Euros. That is irritating. I could not understand the rationale behind this number.
At the end, I brought my own (matter of principle).
For those who are looking for a good tea - good choice in KaDeWe and there is another Tee Gschwendner shop nearby.

Location is super. On the Ku'damm, 7 - 10 mins by foot from S-Bahn.
Not so many hipsters as can be in other parts of Berlin (for good and for bad).
Vapiano - Italian fast food chain - not bad, is in the same building. Can be a good fix for an afternoon or night.
Another thing - take a walk on Mommsenstrasse, Bleibtreustrasse - wonderful Jugenstil architecture.

As to the switch to Sofitel,we will definitely give them a chance and come back. Hopefully they will arrange for kettle in rooms till then. Then it will be perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank George B
HABBerlin, General Manager at Sofitel Berlin Kurfuerstendamm, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear George B,

Thank your very much for your detailed review. As we are now Sofitel since the 1st of February
there are still things which we have to implement, but we are on a very good way.
Thanks for your compliment regarding the service and the friendliness of the staff - this
is very motivating for the entire team.

We have several english speaking channels which you can find in the tv menu beside your
bed. Please ask the friendly reception team for more information on your next stay.

We are looking forward to welcome back very soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Spent a weekend here with my girlfriend, and we had a good time! There was good shopping and good food just around the corner! They serve a nice breakfast, and my favourite, american pancakes! If I return to Berlin, I would be happy to return to this hotel!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ole S

Dear Ole S,

I am very pleased to read that you had such a good time with us.
We are looking forward to see you soon again - Berlin is wonderful
in the summer time.