“City Break”

Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte
Ranked #93 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed at the Park Plaza for 5 nights, Rooms clean and bright and bed comfortable. Breakfast was included in our stay and a very nice breakfast it was. Buffet style but with just about everything imaginable for breakfast. Perhaps more of a businessman type hotel however I say that more of an observation as it made no difference to our stay. The location to city was fine as their is a Metro Station no more than 2-3 mins away with a very good service to city centre.
Staff at the Bar and at Breakfast were pleasant however we weren't particularly impressed by reception staff some of whom didn't know that there was no longer Pay TV available although it still has this on the Web site. Great free Wi-Fi connection. Nice quiet area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,727)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a decent value for money stay in the middle of Berlin. Conveniently located close to the Metro station. Rooms were clean, and house keeping was up to the mark. Fitness center is super basic without even a treadmill!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
SPraxmarer, Manager at Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Vaibhav434,

thank you for sharing your positive feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the Park Plaza Wallstreet. It is a pleasure to pass on the lovely feedback to our housekeeping team.
I would be glad to welcome you back at the Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte or in one at our other Park Plaza Hotels.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The bathroom is only separated through a (difficultly) gliding glass door... So if you're sharing the room it should not bother you that one can 'hear it all' from the 'bedroom'. Bathroom spacious, bedroom a bit less so. But nice and clean. Good beds. Takes you about 15-20 min. Walk to the Lindenstrasse. The breakfast buffet is very nice. But I think the 17€ or so were too much for breakfast, so I didn't book it. When I got there, they offered me a voucher so I'd get the breakfast for 9€ or so, that was worth it (and I would have been upset to pay almost twice that if I'd had booked the breakfast beforehand!)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My stay was fine and everything in general was fine. I didn't think the place was customer friendly and I was not sure the reception staff knew what they where doing ? I intended to pay in cash, Euros to be exact on arrival. I was told by reception that was okay, but you pay on departure. On check out when I tried to pay I was told it had been paid on arrival using my debit card. Now I have 700 Euros I don't need and a credit card bill with costs I don't want ! I am not pleased !
I feel my credit card has been used without my authority and that is concerning a Hotel branch like this can do this ?

Room Tip: It is a strange Hotel, probably better for business's trip. If on holiday , go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob186487
SPraxmarer, Manager at Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Bob186487,

thank you for your feedback about Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte on TripAdvisor.
I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with our front office staff.
Of course its possible to pay in cash at check in and also at check out.
I am looking into this matter and will interviewing our staff. Please be assured that this is not our normal standard.
I hope nevertheless that you enjoyed your stay in Berlin and look forward to welcome you again at the Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here for one night while visiting Berlin. I must say I was rather disappointed by this Park Plaza Hotel. I stayed in another Park Plaza in Beijing and that one was absolutely great! Staff was friendly and breakfast was amazing. But in Berlin it was quite the contrary it was just average. Nothing special and the reason while we chose to stay here was because of my previous experience in Beijing. I would stay here again, maybe last time I just had bad luck. The room was big and clean

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
SPraxmarer, Manager at Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear KBckMtz,

thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I am sorry to hear that we could not met all your expectations during your stay at the Park Plaza Wallstreet.
The Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte is a four-star, deluxe hotel located in the heart of historic Berlin. Reminiscent of the New York Stock Exchange, our stylish hotel features free Wi-Fi, a trendy & modern bar, The Light Lounge with terrace, meeting rooms, an on-site business centre, a private screeningroom/cinema and private parking.
Thank you for your comment about the room. I am glad you liked it.
I would be happy if I could convince you of our high service standards at a next visit to Berlin.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for the long easter weekend. The location is good, next to a subway station, and 15 minutes from all the museums on the museum island.
The rooms light, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast buffet was remarkable and the staff helpful and friendly.
I spent most of my time in hotels all over the world. This one is definitely recommendable for relaxing city weekends.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank JunianSH
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Checked in early and had very lovely receptionist who catered well to my disabilities.

Room was smaller than expected but suitable for our short trip. Lovely clean room with plenty of storage although the tea and coffee making facilities were not perfect and very little milk.

Bathroom spacious with nice bath and good powerful shower although the towels were a little small! Toiletries supplied were lovely.

Did not book breakfast with our room but were given a discount voucher on arrival so tried hotel breakfast on last day. Was lovely with a good variety from cooked breakfast to american waffles!!

Hotel ideally situated for the underground to main tourist sites and also elsewhere in berlin

Lovely quiet clean hotel. Would stay again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple