“Pleasant Place and Well Presented”

Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte
Ranked #97 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Slightly off the beaten track, but near the river and extremely handy for the U bahn. The hotel has a really modern presentation, a nice bar, well decorated with modern rooms. Comfortable and pleasant and providing your not wanting to look out of the window and see everything happening then this is a good base from which to explore Berlin.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Two minute walk to a tube station units good connections to both east ans west. We were upgraded to a junior suite which is a large room with an excellent bathroom. Breakfast was average. As it is "Wall Street" there is a strong American influence: the room carpet is a massive dollar bill. Friendly staff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travel_Duck_UK
SPraxmarer, Manager at Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Travel_Duck_UK,

thank you for your positive Feedback you posted on TripAdvisor.
I am very pleased about your impressions regarding the surroundings, the style of the hotel and that you enjoyed our rooms.
I have personally passed this feedback onto our team.
I would be very happy to welcome you back at the Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte.

Best wishes

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel look nice. I wrote to the reception i am comming to celebrate my birthday in berlin and was realy hoping to get a room with a bathtub, also if possible a room on a high floor. Got a room on the 5th floor which is the highest- thats nice, but the room smells of vomit, carpet is stained with wine. Not so pleased. Was hoping to wake up to my birthday to make a tub! staying till friday and hope a room of my wish will be vacant

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
SPraxmarer, Manager at Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Taltalit,

thank you for your feedback you posted on TripAdvisor.
I am sorry to hear that we could not met your expectations regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte.
Cleanliness is a top priority in our hotel. Be assured this is not our normal standard and I talked to our housekeeping manager to avoid this in the future.
I hope nevertheless you enjoyed your stay in Berlin and look forward to welcome you again at the Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte or in one of our other Park Plaza Hotels.

Best regards

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Really central to everything in Berlin - about 10 mins from Alexanderplatz, Museum Island and Check Point Charlie. Rooms were a good size and the bed is comfortable.

Would recomment for business and also weekend breaks!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
SPraxmarer, Manager at Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear AnaKiwiBird,
thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor.
I was very pleased that you liked our surroundings, our rooms and had a an enjoyable sleep in our comfortable beds.
On behalf of my team I would like to thank you for your visit and hope to see you again at the Park Plaza Wallstreet when you are back in Berlin.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here for three nights on a sight-seeing tour and really loved the place. The decor was awesome, and it's just a fun place to be. Close to an U-Bahn stop, but not particularly central close to much without either a long walk or taking the U-Bahn. While it is somewhat centrally located, I did find it to be a bit far from the sights.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear AshleyM,
thank you very much for your lovely feedback you posted on TripAdvisor.
It is alsways great to get such a good feedback.
I am happy to hear that you liked our hotel and all the surroundings and in general you enjoyed the stay at Park Plaza Wallstreet.
I am glad that you had a wonderful time in Berlin and would be happy to welcome you back at the Park Plaza Wallstreet or in one of our other Park Plaza Hotels.

Best wishes

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights. It was a good base to explore from. Didn't eat at hotel as there was plenty of restaurants within walking distance... thought the breakfast was way overpriced anyway @ 17 euro pp! Room was clean and comfortable.. nice big bath in room.
Staff were all friendly and polite.
Only thing I was annoyed about was our room overlooked the courtyard and any noise from there could be heard in room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clint20

Dear clint20,

thank you for your feedback you posted at TripAdvisor.
I am glad to hear that you liked the location of the Park Plaza Wallstreet and enjoyed the stay in our rooms.
I want to thank you for the positive feedback about our staff. I will pass this on to the whole team.
Regarding the breakfast price I will mention this point in our next meeting.
I also want to apologize for the noise from the courtyard.
I would be very happy to welcome you again at the Park Plaza Wallstreet at our next visit in Berlin.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We chose to stay in the Park Plaza Wallstreet because we've stayed in Park Plaza hotels in London and have always found them to be friendly, comfortable and reasonably priced. We certainly weren't disappointed with this hotel. When we arrived (very late, due to a delayed flight), the member of staff on reception was very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 5th floor, right next to the lift, and therefore I was worried that it would be noisy, but we didn't hear a peep from other guests or the lift itself. The room overlooked the street and occasionally we were disturbed by noise in the morning, but this was due to building work going on, so shouldn't be a permanent problem!

The bed was very comfortable indeed although there were two single duvets rather than one double, which was unusual. It didn't really matter though as the room was very warm. It was a very chilly week in May and I must admit, I did wonder whether the air conditioning would be sufficient in the summer. The bedroom, although not massive, was a perfectly decent size for two people and luggage! There was large desk, small wardrobe, good sized bedside cabinets and also a full length mirror.

In the bathroom (which as other reviewers have mentioned, wasn't really totally separate from the bedroom. It was sort of through a doorway with no door) there was a good sized shower cubicle with a pleasingly powerful shower and a large sink area. The toilet did have a door (!) but it was only frosted glass, which didn't bother me but might have been a problem if I had been sharing with someone I didn't know very well! My only slight complaint would be that the bath towels were very small indeed and therefore didn't cover much! Also the sign said to hang the towels up if you didn't need them replacing, which we did, but they got changed every day anyway. I'm not really complaining as it was nice to have fresh towels but I was trying to save the planet a bit!!

The location of the hotel was good - a two minute walk to Markisches Museum U-Bahn station and you could be at Alexanderplatz in 5 minutes. It does not take long to walk to Alexanderplatz either (about 15 minutes) but it was raining torrentially for a lot of the time we were there!

All in all, we had a good stay at the Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin and were treated very kindly by the staff there. We would definitely return to this hotel if we went back to Berlin.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple