“can't recommend it enough!”
Review of Hotel de Rome

Hotel de Rome
Ranked #14 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 19 November 2013

just got back from berlin and our amazing stay at hotel de Rome. From the gorgeous architecture of the exterior of the building, the beautiful decor of the interior and all the common spaces, the perfect location especially the quietness in the evening and the close proximity to everything you want to see and do, the comfort and chicness of the rooms, the delicious breakfast each morning, everything was fantastic. But perhaps the the biggest accolades go to the staff themselves. The doorman are kind, helpful and willing to go the extra mile to accommodate our travel needs, the front desk perfectly attuned at all times and perhaps the best concierge staff out there. Benjamin, Anne and Katia are beyond perfection. They just amplified our trip to Berlin 100 times over. I cannot stress that this is hands down the best hotel in berlin and one of my top 10 ever...I cannot wait to return as soon as possible.

Room Tip: rooms ending in 02...especially 402 as your right near the rooftop bar and have a lovely view of the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank romi h
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear romi19,

I was delighted to learn that overall you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Hotel de Rome and considered the hotel facilities to be excellent and the staff especially the concierge, the doormen and the colleagues from the front office department to be outstanding!

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor.

Thies Sponholz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,390)

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was recommended by our travel agent and we were very happy we stayed there. Rooms are large and ours had a view of the square in front. It's centrally located to shops and attractions. The concierge was very helpful. The staff is fabulous and the included breakfast, superb. Would definitely go back. Made our stay in Berlin.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear windcity_773,

I hope you and your family had a safe trip back home to Chicago! Thank you so much for this fantastic evaluation! I am very glad that we made your journey very special and memorable.

I believe that we soon will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Berlin and to Hotel de Rome!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

For me this lovely hotel is without fault. It's in a quiet very convenient location - just off Unter den Linden and within a short walk of Museum Island and the stylish restaurants of Gendarmermarkt. But the winning factor in this delightful establishment is the staff. They are, to a man and woman, totally charming and helpful. How they can be trained to this very high standard of service is something of a mystery. A simple example: I had forgotten to bring my contact lens fluid so I asked the concierge Benjamin, where I might buy some given that it was a public holiday. Within a few minutes he had located a fresh bottle which he gave to me gratis, with his compliments.
The breakfasts are to die for. The decor throughout the hotel is beautifully co-ordinated, toned, relaxing and sophisticated and that includes the dress of the staff - all of them! Our 'standard' bedroom was totally spotless and looked as if it had been built yesterday - perhaps it had. I can't comment too much regarding the value for money because we were on a packaged flight/hotel deal from BA. I suspect that it is an expensive hotel and deservedly so.
I would unhesitatingly recommend this place and I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: There is a lot of building work going on in Berlin so it may be worth checking if your room overlook...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Claudiop73,

Thank you for sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor. We hope you had a safe trip back home.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel de Rome and considered the staff to be excellent. We very much hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

With best regards from Berlin,

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at the Hotel not knowing what to expect. They could not do enough for us as we asked questions and the concierge always gave great recommendations. The service, the rooms the facilities and wow the most fabulous breakfasts.

There was never too much to ask. the staff were always on hand.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear jaegy,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and you fantastic evaluation here on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you had a lovely stay with us at Hotel de Rome and I do hope to welcoming you back to Berlin in the near future. Only for you to enjoy the breakfast and the facilities of this nice place again.

With best regards,

Thies Spobholz

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed here back in July 2010. This hotel is the place to hang out if you love people watching. I would go the Bar and there was Boris Becker. The gym...Kim Cattrall, the breakfast area....Annie Lennox. Mind you it was Berlin Fashion Week. Also loved it when I went for my morning run, the concierge gave me a bottle of water & towel on my return.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Claudiop73

Dear Claudiop73,

Thank you very much for yor very kind comments regarding to your stay with us here on TripAdvisor. I am very glad that you liked our service and the little details of attention we do have for our guests!

We do hope to that you will come back to visit Berlin and Hotel de Rome in the near future.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Hotel de Rome was a great base to see the sites for a one week fall vacation in Berlin. Perfectly located we were able to walk to most sites and museums and were easily able to grab a light meal at the various spots around Gendarmenmarkt. Concierge team was fabulous, from arranging for car tour of city, to providing instructions to use the metro, to running down tickets to the Philamornik. Junior suite was perfect for kicking back after a day of tourist activity and staff was appropriately professional. Only draw back - quite expensive breakfasts- much better to hit the streets and go over to Cafe Einstein or Chipps, or even the coffee stand at the food court in the basement of the Galleries Lafayette.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Skippy482013,

Thank you very much for this great evaluation! I am very glad to read that you enjoyed our great staff, the facilities and your stay with us.

Your comments have been gratefully received and I hope that we soon shall have the pleasure of welcoming you at Hotel de Rome.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The best location, the most amazing ambience and impeccable service lends to an amazing hotel experience in Berlin par excellence! Don't forget to bring your bathing suit to enjoy one of the most beautiful indoor pools as well as a first rate spa and fitness center.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ellen M,

Thank you very much for this great comment! I hope that you had a safe trip back home. I am very glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you will come back to vist Hotel de Rome in not to distant future!