“A gem of a hotel in an ideal location”
Review of Hotel de Rome

Hotel de Rome
Ranked #11 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We walked into the lobby and were totally blown away by the beautiful decor, simple black velvet
seating in art decco style and breathtaking red floral arrangements at the center to complement
all the red accents in the entry.
Our arrival at 11 AM was seamless as our room was ready. It had no view but was lovely and quiet.
We had booked on Olotels so had a discount.
The room was really comfortable with loads of thoughtful amenities.
The hotel used to be a bank and the fabulous spa and pool is in what used to be the bank's vault.
It was really lovely to have a swim, steam and sauna all by my lonesome. Very Zen before a busy day of sightseeing. The location of this hotel could not be more perfect....walk to all the sites or catch the bus right out front on Bebelplatz.
We slept incredibly well and were very spoiled by the thoughtful turn down service and the extremely comfortable bed and crisp, white cotton sheets.
The breakfast,( included) was incredible.....at least 20 types of bread, rolls, croissant. Cold cuts and smoked fish galore. 20 jams and honey. 10 different fresh fruit and cereals, including real made from scratch Muesli. The eggs were free range, delicious, with orange yolks and boiled 4 minutes to perfection.
I could so live here!!!
We love, love,love this hotel.
The staff was super to by the way.
Especially the Sicilian doorman who was so kind and welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Yasmine G,

Thank you very much for this fantastic evaluation, I was very glad to read about that you and your family felt very happy here with us and that you enjoyed all the tiny details and amenities of the Hotel de Rome.

I hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Berlin in the near future!

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

In a very central location (close to museum island and 15 minutes walk to Brandenburg gate), it is aVery good hotel with sumptuous decoration. Large room spotless, very comfortable.
Spa and swimming pool beautiful.
Service is good but not really personalized.
Breakfast too expensive.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Olivier D,

Thank you so much for this great rating in regards to your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to read, that you enjoyed your time here in beautiful Berlin.

I hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you very soon back to Hotel de Rome!

Maike Beissner

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Great hotel , good rooms , good service and nice staff........what more do you need ? If in Berlin look no further.location is good and quiet. Breakfast till 2.30pm at weekends and worth a visit.local area has bars and restaurants to enjoy.

• Stayed: November 2013
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear MrsEDoubtfire,

Thank you for taking the time to write here on TripAdvisor. I hope you had a save trip back home to London.

Your evaluation has been gratefully received and it has been my pleasure to pass them on to all the team. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel de Rome in not too distant future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

just got back from berlin and our amazing stay at hotel de Rome. From the gorgeous architecture of the exterior of the building, the beautiful decor of the interior and all the common spaces, the perfect location especially the quietness in the evening and the close proximity to everything you want to see and do, the comfort and chicness of the rooms, the delicious breakfast each morning, everything was fantastic. But perhaps the the biggest accolades go to the staff themselves. The doorman are kind, helpful and willing to go the extra mile to accommodate our travel needs, the front desk perfectly attuned at all times and perhaps the best concierge staff out there. Benjamin, Anne and Katia are beyond perfection. They just amplified our trip to Berlin 100 times over. I cannot stress that this is hands down the best hotel in berlin and one of my top 10 ever...I cannot wait to return as soon as possible.

Room Tip: rooms ending in 02...especially 402 as your right near the rooftop bar and have a lovely view of the...
1  Thank romi h

Dear romi19,

I was delighted to learn that overall you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Hotel de Rome and considered the hotel facilities to be excellent and the staff especially the concierge, the doormen and the colleagues from the front office department to be outstanding!

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was recommended by our travel agent and we were very happy we stayed there. Rooms are large and ours had a view of the square in front. It's centrally located to shops and attractions. The concierge was very helpful. The staff is fabulous and the included breakfast, superb. Would definitely go back. Made our stay in Berlin.

Dear windcity_773,

I hope you and your family had a safe trip back home to Chicago! Thank you so much for this fantastic evaluation! I am very glad that we made your journey very special and memorable.

I believe that we soon will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Berlin and to Hotel de Rome!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

For me this lovely hotel is without fault. It's in a quiet very convenient location - just off Unter den Linden and within a short walk of Museum Island and the stylish restaurants of Gendarmermarkt. But the winning factor in this delightful establishment is the staff. They are, to a man and woman, totally charming and helpful. How they can be trained to this very high standard of service is something of a mystery. A simple example: I had forgotten to bring my contact lens fluid so I asked the concierge Benjamin, where I might buy some given that it was a public holiday. Within a few minutes he had located a fresh bottle which he gave to me gratis, with his compliments.
The breakfasts are to die for. The decor throughout the hotel is beautifully co-ordinated, toned, relaxing and sophisticated and that includes the dress of the staff - all of them! Our 'standard' bedroom was totally spotless and looked as if it had been built yesterday - perhaps it had. I can't comment too much regarding the value for money because we were on a packaged flight/hotel deal from BA. I suspect that it is an expensive hotel and deservedly so.
I would unhesitatingly recommend this place and I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: There is a lot of building work going on in Berlin so it may be worth checking if your room overlook...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Claudiop73,

Thank you for sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor. We hope you had a safe trip back home.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel de Rome and considered the staff to be excellent. We very much hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

With best regards from Berlin,

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at the Hotel not knowing what to expect. They could not do enough for us as we asked questions and the concierge always gave great recommendations. The service, the rooms the facilities and wow the most fabulous breakfasts.

There was never too much to ask. the staff were always on hand.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear jaegy,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and you fantastic evaluation here on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you had a lovely stay with us at Hotel de Rome and I do hope to welcoming you back to Berlin in the near future. Only for you to enjoy the breakfast and the facilities of this nice place again.

Thies Spobholz