“Total service close to all Mitte sites”
Review of Hotel de Rome

Hotel de Rome
Ranked #10 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
“Total service close to all Mitte sites”
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Quiet, comfortable, and within walking distance of the Brandenburg Gate, the Bundestag, and plenty of wonderful restaurants and shops, but I was most impressed with the attentive and efficient concierge staff who got me right up to speed on the public transportation, enabling me to explore in every direction. It was all a pleasure

• Stayed December 2013
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Nativityscene,

Thank you very much for this fantastic evaluation! I hope you had a good start into 2014. I forwarded your comments to our Concierge Team, they were very glad to hear that you enjoyed Berlin thanks to their help!

Thies Sponholz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Wimborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We had a faultless stay at the Hotel De Rome. Three girl friends visited Berlin for a long weekend with the intention of combining the sights, good restaurants, bars, Christmas markets with a spot of spa relaxation. We couldn't have chosen a better hotel. We had a small suite with a connecting room on the 2nd floor. This that meant we all had our own space but could easily sit, chat and relax whilst making plans for the day / evening. Slight niggle was the lack of lighting in the rooms which made it difficult to get ready when someone else was using the bathroom. All the staff were excellent. We were lucky enough to be invited to the 'lighting of the Christmas tree party' which kicked off our stay with style. The highlight of our stay was the wonderful breakfast which was served until 2.30 pm during the weekend. This was total luxury. Meant we could have a late night out, a gentle swim and spa in the morning and still get down for a leisurely breakfast before starting again in the early afternoon. We loved the hotel decoration, particularly the festive red Christmas theme. Overall an excellent hotel in a wonderful location (albeit with a lot of building work taking place around it at the moment).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank k9todd
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear k9odd,

Thank you very much for your kind comments which have been gratefully received and it has been my pleasure to pass them on to all the team.

Whilst I was of course delighted to learn that overall you and your friends thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Hotel de Rome and considered the staff and hotel to be excellent, I was also disappointed to learn that you had problems with the lightning in the room.

Kindly take note that every effort will be made to ensure that there is no repetition in future.

Thank you for sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor!

With best regrads,

New York, New York
Reviewed 2 December 2013

There is much to like about this hotel. The concierge staff, room service, housekeeping and doormen are excellent. On the downside, although the room was spacious, it is incredibly dark. I found it odd that even with every single light turned on, it was still so dim that reading was difficult. Perhaps it's the cost of electricity.

In addition, I requested a quiet, non-smoking room on a high floor and was initially assigned a room at the back of the hotel right over a huge construction site. They were really reluctant to change me, but eventually agreed--only to assign me a smoking room, with the comment that everything else was taken.

I enjoyed my stay, but I wouldn't consider this attitude overly welcoming. It's a shame, since other than this reception person, the staff were excellent. I might return, but there are other high end hotels in Berlin in similarly nice locations.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear john23,

I was very disappointed to learn about the inconvenience with the room and the lack of attention you had to experience during your stay with us.

I would like to sincerely apologize for that.

Be assured and I have addressed the mentioned issue with the respective Front Office Team members in order to avoid any reoccurrence in the future.

Once again I would like to thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

I hope this isolated issues will not deter you from returning to Hotel de Rome and I do hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back in not too distant future.

With best regrads,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We walked into the lobby and were totally blown away by the beautiful decor, simple black velvet
seating in art decco style and breathtaking red floral arrangements at the center to complement
all the red accents in the entry.
Our arrival at 11 AM was seamless as our room was ready. It had no view but was lovely and quiet.
We had booked on Olotels so had a discount.
The room was really comfortable with loads of thoughtful amenities.
The hotel used to be a bank and the fabulous spa and pool is in what used to be the bank's vault.
It was really lovely to have a swim, steam and sauna all by my lonesome. Very Zen before a busy day of sightseeing. The location of this hotel could not be more perfect....walk to all the sites or catch the bus right out front on Bebelplatz.
We slept incredibly well and were very spoiled by the thoughtful turn down service and the extremely comfortable bed and crisp, white cotton sheets.
The breakfast,( included) was incredible.....at least 20 types of bread, rolls, croissant. Cold cuts and smoked fish galore. 20 jams and honey. 10 different fresh fruit and cereals, including real made from scratch Muesli. The eggs were free range, delicious, with orange yolks and boiled 4 minutes to perfection.
I could so live here!!!
We love, love,love this hotel.
The staff was super to by the way.
Especially the Sicilian doorman who was so kind and welcoming.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Yasmine G,

Thank you very much for this fantastic evaluation, I was very glad to read about that you and your family felt very happy here with us and that you enjoyed all the tiny details and amenities of the Hotel de Rome.

I hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Berlin in the near future!

With best regards,

Paris, France
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

In a very central location (close to museum island and 15 minutes walk to Brandenburg gate), it is aVery good hotel with sumptuous decoration. Large room spotless, very comfortable.
Spa and swimming pool beautiful.
Service is good but not really personalized.
Breakfast too expensive.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Olivier D,

Thank you so much for this great rating in regards to your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to read, that you enjoyed your time here in beautiful Berlin.

I hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you very soon back to Hotel de Rome!

With best regards,

Maike Beissner
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Great hotel , good rooms , good service and nice staff........what more do you need ? If in Berlin look no further.location is good and quiet. Breakfast till 2.30pm at weekends and worth a visit.local area has bars and restaurants to enjoy.

• Stayed November 2013
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear MrsEDoubtfire,

Thank you for taking the time to write here on TripAdvisor. I hope you had a save trip back home to London.

Your evaluation has been gratefully received and it has been my pleasure to pass them on to all the team. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel de Rome in not too distant future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 November 2013

just got back from berlin and our amazing stay at hotel de Rome. From the gorgeous architecture of the exterior of the building, the beautiful decor of the interior and all the common spaces, the perfect location especially the quietness in the evening and the close proximity to everything you want to see and do, the comfort and chicness of the rooms, the delicious breakfast each morning, everything was fantastic. But perhaps the the biggest accolades go to the staff themselves. The doorman are kind, helpful and willing to go the extra mile to accommodate our travel needs, the front desk perfectly attuned at all times and perhaps the best concierge staff out there. Benjamin, Anne and Katia are beyond perfection. They just amplified our trip to Berlin 100 times over. I cannot stress that this is hands down the best hotel in berlin and one of my top 10 ever...I cannot wait to return as soon as possible.

Room Tip: rooms ending in 02...especially 402 as your right near the rooftop bar and have a lovely view of the...