“Highly recommended”

Ranked #11 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Helsinki, Finland
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at Hotel de Rome during the Easter time. The hotel is very classy, well-situated and the service is excellent. We had a classic twin room, and it was very spacious, and even had a balcony. Will be back when next time in Berlin!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Esa_K_Traveler,

Thank you so much for your comment here on TripAdvisor! I hope you enjoyed your time in Berlin and had a safe trip back to Helsinki!

I would also like to thank you for this great rating and I do hope that next time you visit Berlin, it will once again be Hotel the Rome!

Genral Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Mexico df
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed There for 4 nights the ro is realy nice,breakfast is a bufet with egos lo oled in the Kitchen averall abobe abrage un quality dinner is Also superb but best of all great I mean grat the best Service an hotel can provide from concierfe to friomt desk all just great

Stayed April 2014
Dear Doc1201,

Thank you so much for this fantastic rating! I would like to thank you for taking the time to evaluate us here on TripAdvisor and for highlighting our service at Hotel de Rome.

I do hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Berlin in not to distant future!

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Simply perfect. The hotel has good rates, the location can't be beat, the design - well, I personally did not delight in it too much, too dark for my taste in public areas - yet I could see that some thought and work went into it. I managed to reserve a room during the Berlin film festival, despite the (I assume) intense pressure due to an overwhelming amount of activities in and around the hotel, the hotel staff were helpful, friendly and effective. I would like to especially comment on the service provided by Anne Raber in the concierge office - cheerful, correct, effective and friendly. Would definitely come back to this hotel in Berlin.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Gregory D,

Thank you very much for your nice evaluation. I am hope you enjoyed your stay with us here in Berlin! I was dilighted to read that you were very pleased with our staff members and their service. I would also like to take the opportunity to thank you for emphasizing Anne Raber´s effective service. It was my pleasure to pass this compliment onto her.

With best regards from Hotel de Rome ,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay at hotel de Rome. Was very pleased. First off - location in mitte is stellar. 10 minute walk to museum island, 5 min to great restaurants and to u Bahn. Many great sites in walking distance. Room was very nice and spacious. Fabulous bathroom w awesome heated floors. Amazing breakfast. Really great health club, sauna and small indoor poor. Maid service and room service incredibly efficient. Front desk and concierge can't do enough for you. Hotel arranged for a 3 hour tour with their favorite taxi driver named Presley Antoine. He is so great and I definitely recommend him. Eat at Augustiner if you love German food. All and all a great experience. Only critisism is that the lobby is really dark and you feel like you're entering a night club which is just weird during the day. Definitely recommend hotel de Rome!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are very quiet but no view. Rooms in the front will have a small view although...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NYCGal2010
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear NYCGal2010,

Thank you so much for taking the time to evaluate us here on TripAdvisor. I hope you had a safe trip to NYC!

It was a delight to read your comments, I am very pleased that you overall experience a great time at Hotel de Rome and Berlin.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We were stuck in crowds in the midst of Berlin's fabulous "Festival of Lights" in October and found ourselves having a glass of champagne in Hotel de Rome's elegant bar. Champagne turned into a superb dinner, and we vowed that next time we're in Berlin we stay in this sumptuous, stylish hotel. It's perfectly situated and overlooks Bebelplatz, where the Nazi's symbolic burning of books in 1933 heralded what was to come...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Spinoccio,

I hopre you had a safe trip back to London. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your fantastic evaluation and for enjoying dinner at our Restaurant Parioli.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you to Hotel de Rome next time you visit Berlin!

Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Perfect location, beautiful building and almost perfect staff!
- reservation, confirmation, additional change - perfect and fast, all done by Marlen
- check-in, concierge, check-out - perfect
- all reception team is PERFECT
- Bebel Bar and Parioli for dinner - great service, great food, nice music and an amazing waiter wearing glasses
- room - was really spacious, super comfortable bed, all amenities fine
Even the design is too modern for my taste I did enjoy my stay. The warmth missing in design was given to me plus twice by staff. I guess other clients will be amazed how an ex bank building can be rebuilt into a hotel!
The only minuses I noticed and disappointed me:
- breakfast - food is nice but I had to wait for my coffee 10 minutes or even more (after ordering it I had to wait and the same waiter without bringing me the ordered coffee offered me tea or coffee again)
- doorman - during check out the doorman parked my car in front of the hotel and forgot to lock it a
But these two moments didnt destroy my general experience and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 1st and 2nd floor are the original bank floors with higher ceilings
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear maaze70,

Thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate us here on TripAdvisor! I was more then happy to forward your great comments, about the two special staff members you wrote about.

I would also like to take the opportunity to apologise about the lack of service you had to suffer, regarding the breakfast and the doorman sitaution. You may rest assured that I have talked to the responsible Head of Departments.

With best regards from Berlin,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We chose to stay at this hotel for a 3 night stayed and chose a junior suite that had a view of the city with a balcony and given that it was 3 nights it was well worth the little extra money for the space and extra comfort. We received a warm greeting from the staff and were escorted to our room. we had a lovely food in the bar, we ate out under recommendations from the concierge mostly.- all good.
staying centrally was great as we walked everywhere and took in most of the sights.
the amenities at the hotel are very clean. The website photos are pretty much what you get no clever photography. what i thought was very nice was that if you decided to order room service rather than eat downstairs there was no additional room service fee. If i was to be picky i would have thought they might have a nespresso machine and ice facilities in the room. The turn down service i thought should have left a little treat on the pillow such as cookie or a chocolate.
but again these are small thing but our overall experience is great, we would definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Elitedining,

Thank you so much for your evaluation here on TripAdvisor and for your lovely comments which have been gratefully received. I am very glad that your enjoyed your stay with us and had a good time in Berlin.

With best regards from Berlin,