“Wonderful and central”
Review of Hotel de Rome

Hotel de Rome
Ranked #13 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Spent 5 days at this wonderful hotel in Central ex East Berlin in the middle of historic buildings...as a new Opera house is being built near by it will be the obvious place for visitors to stay.

Being an ex Bank the rooms are tall, spacious and stylish.

The staff are efficient, courteous and helpful.

The meals are top notch with an Italian chef ...this was the time of year for white asparagus and a great deal on the menu were asparagus orientated which was fine by me.

One can walk north across an open square to the Unter den Linden strasse, , the main shopping street , turn left and there is the Brandenburg Gate , turn right and there is the Bundestag with the Reichstag Dome...book ahead for a visit to the a Dome and its restaurant the Kafer with its delightful lunch/ tea.

Further north, past Humbolt University, I walked up University strasse and visited a well preserved segment of that infamous Communist wall.

South one could walk to Checkpoint Charlie...too commercialized for my saste.

Around the Hotel there are lots of restaurants to visit.

My next visit to Berlin...it will be the a Hotel de Rome.

I should have mentioned the concierges ..they were very helpful in every manner , in particular to visit the Reishstag Dome and its restaurant, take your ID, security is tight.

Room Tip: My room, 224 was excellent overlooking a central court was good, I imagine that the rooms facing th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Andris L
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Andris L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to score and recommend us here on TripAdvisor! Well, it seems that you enjoyed and had a great time discovering our beautiful capital!

Of course I very much enjoyed reading, that you appreciated the building, our staff and the food.

I would be more then happy to welcome you back to Rocco Forte Hotel de Rome in not to distant future!

Thies Sponholz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,389)

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The service, amenities, appointments and location of this place cannot be explained properly in a review - you just need to go and experience opulence for yourself. I have never stayed in anything so nice before and it was an eye-opening experience. The building and location is so historic and full of character. Food and drinks are amazing (try the Berlin Mule at the bar). The service in the room was so nice and really made a huge difference.

You need to experience this!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Singleselfies
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear gettinoutthere,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us! I hope you had a save trip back home to Montreal.

Your fantastic evaluation and comments had been gratefully received and it has been my pleasure to pass them on to all the team. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

It took me several weeks to think and then think again which hotel I should book for my visit to Berlin. The comments on Tripadvisor somehow were not really convincing. I now wonder why. The minute I stepped inside Hotel de Rome, I knew the choice could not have been better, and I am very happy I have stayed here.

First, there is the best possible location, on Bebelplatz and Unter den Linden, with the beautiful Gendarmenmarkt right behind the corner. Everything worth seeing in Berlin is within walking distance. The room was beautifully appointed and large. Maybe the decoration is not to everybody’s taste and the lobby is quite dark, but they all exude luxury and elegance. And the hotel is located in an old bank, so there are the confines of that. I found the service to be extremely good and very friendly. The breakfast is an attractive combination of a beautiful buffet with a la carte hot dishes.

I particularly liked the basement swimming pool and spa facilities, which reinvigorate after a day of sightseeing.

If I were to recommend anything to improve, it would be providing a kettle or a coffee machine in the room, although they are generally absent in continental European hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank baastje

Dear baastje,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us here on TripAdvisor. I enjoyed your comments about the facilities, the service, the style and elegance of Hotel de Rome.

You may rest assured, that I have forwarded your recommendation in regards to the kettle & coffee machine, to improve our guest services.

Once again thank you very much!

With best regards from Berlin,

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I liked this hotel rooms were very spacious. Service was good. Morning breakfasts were
Wonderful. Location was great
Spa is in a converted bank vault but it works Nest step up is the Adler but this smaller boutique
Is very appealing

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Pacmandoctor,

Greetings from Berlin!

Thank you so much for your nice comments in regards to your stay with us, here on TripAdvisor. I was very happy that you liked your stay at Rocco Forte Hotel de Rome.

I hope you had a good trip back to Los Angeles and hope to welcome you very soon back to Hotel de Rome,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at Hotel de Rome during the Easter time. The hotel is very classy, well-situated and the service is excellent. We had a classic twin room, and it was very spacious, and even had a balcony. Will be back when next time in Berlin!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Esa_K_Traveler,

Thank you so much for your comment here on TripAdvisor! I hope you enjoyed your time in Berlin and had a safe trip back to Helsinki!

I would also like to thank you for this great rating and I do hope that next time you visit Berlin, it will once again be Hotel the Rome!

Genral Manager

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed There for 4 nights the ro is realy nice,breakfast is a bufet with egos lo oled in the Kitchen averall abobe abrage un quality dinner is Also superb but best of all great I mean grat the best Service an hotel can provide from concierfe to friomt desk all just great

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Doc1201,

Thank you so much for this fantastic rating! I would like to thank you for taking the time to evaluate us here on TripAdvisor and for highlighting our service at Hotel de Rome.

I do hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Berlin in not to distant future!

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Simply perfect. The hotel has good rates, the location can't be beat, the design - well, I personally did not delight in it too much, too dark for my taste in public areas - yet I could see that some thought and work went into it. I managed to reserve a room during the Berlin film festival, despite the (I assume) intense pressure due to an overwhelming amount of activities in and around the hotel, the hotel staff were helpful, friendly and effective. I would like to especially comment on the service provided by Anne Raber in the concierge office - cheerful, correct, effective and friendly. Would definitely come back to this hotel in Berlin.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel-de-Rome-37, General Manager at Hotel de Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Gregory D,

Thank you very much for your nice evaluation. I am hope you enjoyed your stay with us here in Berlin! I was dilighted to read that you were very pleased with our staff members and their service. I would also like to take the opportunity to thank you for emphasizing Anne Raber´s effective service. It was my pleasure to pass this compliment onto her.

With best regards from Hotel de Rome ,