Old Town Hostel
  • Room Service
US$187
US$144
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprenzlauer bergshared bathroomsingle roomunderfloor heatinghot waterlarge supermarketgreat locationfresh towelstram stoprestaurants and barsminutes walk awaya great place to stays bahnalleemauerparkfridgeconnection
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed in this hostel for aw eekend in June in a private room. Had booked a single but was given a large room with two beds. Room was a good size and very light with large street facing windows. The room didn't seem too noisy although trams travel up the street the hostel is located on. The floor I stayed on had about four bathrooms on it and there was no queuing at any point. Overall, the hostel was of a much higher standard than I expected. The staff were friendly and spoke English. Best of all, I arrived after midnight on my first night and this was no problem and did not incur any extra charge (I contacted Aurora in advance to arrange).

The location is top draw. Plenty of restaurants and bars right outside the front door. I would definitely stay here again if I was on a budget and wanted a cheaper alternative to a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2013

was in Aurora again the other week and I liked it again. Advantage of travelling outside the holiday season is that there aren't as many guests, although the only advantage that offers is that it doesn't happen that often that you need to wait in order to use the shared showers!

Room Tip: when you like private shower/toilet/washbasin, book a double room WITH private bathroom! Is only about 10 € more expensive and it saves the trouble of getting dressed properly before going to the shower. So you won't need to bring your flip-flops and bathrobe!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I go to Berlin every year for business and always go 'budget'. This was the best yet. Super friendly and helpful. Location just 3 stops up the line from Alexanderplatz. Room small but clean. Shared bathroom very clean and really nice hot shower. Seemed very secure. Very friendly welcome and great value for money. Highly recommend and would definitely return. I had a single private room. The walls are a bit thin - not great for light sleepers but it's a small gripe. Overall it was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2013

If you're looking for a quiet, convenient hostel that well situated just outside some of Prenzlauer Berg's hotspots, this is definitely the place to be. Don't go here when looking for a luxurious, full-service hotel. I have stayed here during the past 7 summers, that number says it all, I guess.......!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Joost K
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Aside from reading the reviews, the hostel replied very quickly on the inquiries I sent via email which was excellent They gave me the clearest direction to their place and it literally was very close to the train station. For a first timer like me (having travelled alone from Munich then Berlin!), I thought it was great. I did a short walk from the train station to the hotel which i found lovely and was greeted by a very nice staff (sorry forgot the name already...) and straight away was given a map and some quick tips on which places to go to, what I could do in the evening because i think i came late afternoon already. And then when it was time to go to my room, was surprised it was decent enough and spacious enough for the sole traveller that's me. An extra pillow would've been nice though! ;) There's quite a few T&B to share so at least that's less a hassle. What's nice is that they give you your own key into the hotel so you could practically come and go whenever you feel like it. I think business closes at 8pm but someone stays 'til late not for anything but just to hang around, in case somebody needs something. I didn't get to try the breakfast they offer as i went early morning for the walking tour. I stayed for 2 nights and have to stay, i had no issue whatsoever. Very ideal location, close to 2 stations and why did i forget to say that it's so walking distance from the small cafe and pubs for a glass of radler or two! :)

Room Tip: Ask for an extra pillow or blanket if you easily get cold, otherwise, the room is okay.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo