Hommage a Magritte
Ranked #2 of 193 Berlin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Dear Roman & Aurelia !

Thank you so much for the lovely accommodation at the Hommage a Magritte! I enjoyed my stay for 6 nights in your beautiful city during the Berlin fashion week and appreciate all the help and advise you provided each day to make it count.

Thanks to Aurelia for taking me on the tour of her beautiful B&B the 2nd day morning and allowing me to upgrade to a larger room (no 17) which was great for my business visit intended.

It is a great base to explore Berlin with both S and U line stations within 5 minutes walk from the B&B and an abundance of great cafes and restaurants in the immediate vicinity.

The stay was made extra special by Roman suggesting me patiently in the evenings to go and explore the world cuisine from German/ Italian / Austrian & Vietnamese joints.

After my long days at the fair, the evenings were made pleasant by his suggestions with a round of coffee at his dining place.

A very nice touch of Hospitality and the treatment as a family member, do makes me feel like returning to them ever and staying at their beautiful B&B.

I wish you much success with the B&B. If i ever come to Berlin, i will love to stay with you again.

Cheers !

Very Warm Rgds,

Mukesh Berry

Room Tip: I stayed at Room 17 and its a great room. However all rooms are at the same floor, and the entire pl...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This place is the best. The location is perfect. The art on the walls is incredible, it makes your stay perfectly relaxing. The rooms are perfect, yes the showers are interesting, but thats what makes good memories…Roman and his wife, the owners, treat you like a close family friend. All hotels- B&B's should be run with the same manner of professionalism, friendliness, and helpfulness as you will find here. My wife and I will never forget our time in Berlin because of Roman and his wonderful B&B. If you find yourself in Berlin you owe it to yourself to stay here…Look no further……..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Where2Nowtogether
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I am an avid Trip Advisor researcher and spend weeks surfing the site before I decide on a hotel that best suits myself and my husband. Even with all of this research I normally have something that could have been better but not this time and these are the reasons why:
1. Booking easy such prompt replies from Roman. He answered all of my questions and booked my restaurants for me. Also recommended New Year dinner and organised this.
2. Location absolutely superb, so near the S Bahn at Savignyplast, bus to and from airport bottom of the street. We used s bahn all week just so efficient, safe and clean. The area is a mix of upmarket beautiful shops, mixed with quirky little boutiques, pubs and family restaurants. We had excellent food and all within five minutes walking.
3. Owners always friendly and helpful but leave you to just explore their lovely city.
4. Room beautifully decorated, comfortable bed and quality bedding. Sparkling water lovely each day.
5. Breakfast - we looked forward to each day as coffee high quality and I am fussy. Lovely breads, cheeses, fruit, smoked salmon. A ll very good quality.
Art was lovely too. If like me you want very high quality accommodation that is friendly in a gorgeous setting, close to sights and availability of delicious food and beer close by choose Hommage de Magritte. Please look at my other contributions for restaurant reviews.

Room Tip: Room 8 excellent
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gill h
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We had a fabulous stay at Hommage a Magritte. It is located on quiet street in a very nice neighborhood. Roman was extremely helpful with suggestions on what to do and where to go. He recommended really good restaurants within walking distance, too.
The bedrooms are spotless and the paintings are fabulous! Roman and Aurelia serve a nice breakfast daily.
We are so glad that we found this 'piece of art' on TripAdvisor!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I traveled to Berlin in Nov to attend a conference. i decided to stay at Hommage after seeing the amazing reviews on trip advisor. and I must say that Hommage did not disappoint. One of the best things among many about Hommage is the location. it is located very close to S bahn station (savgnyplatz) and also the U bahn. so very centrally located. lots of cafe's and places to eat all around.
the B and B is very clean and tastefully done. although my room could have been slightly bigger but the tall ceiling and the lovely windows made up for it. i did miss a cupboard at times but I managed.
the hosts are very warm and help full. they do their best to make the stay comfortable.
All in all a very good experience. would recommend very highly if you get a bigger room. the small rooms are slightly small, especially if you are fond of enjoying your room.

Room Tip: Try and stay in the larger rooms if you are fond of spending time in your room. The room facing the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hemant M
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is a great small quiet boutique hotel located in the Charlottenburg area of Berlin.
The hotel is clean, smart and artistic --with Magritte painting on the walls as well as examples of his work on the walls, doors and corridors
The hotel has very helpful staff and the breakfasts are superb -typically German
The staff gave us excellent advice on where to eat and where to visit
The bedroom, overlooked the garden area behind the building and was very comfortable and quiet
The main shopping area for Kurfurstendamm with the famous KaDeWe store is at the end of the street on which the hotel is located.
At the other end of Grolmanstrasse is the S-Bahn station which takes you into the city in 5 mins (purchase the tourist travel pass)
There are many restaurants in the vicinity within a 5 minute walk and the ones which we visited were really first class
Our visit to Berlin was made so much more enjoyable by staying at the Hommage a Magritte

Room Tip: We chose room 12 which is at the back and quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JayEmploymentEnt
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Hommage a Magritte – Bed and breakfast hotel in Berlin.

Neighborhood: Charlottenberg

We stayed at Hotel Magritte the last week of September in 2013.

The hotel is conveniently located to the U-Bahn, S-Bahn and buses.

The breakfast is excellent – yogurt, fresh fruit and cereal every morning,
croissants and tasty whole grain breads, smoked salmon and other meats, sliced cheeses, and tomatoes and cucumbers, which enabled us to fuel our days of sightseeing.

The staff, especially Roman, was always helpful in answering all kinds of questions regarding how to get places, good restaurants and more. Our rooms were quiet and comfortable, and beautifully decorated with original surrealist paintings.

After returning from Berlin I visited the Magritte exhibit at New York’s Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) and realized that the paintings at Hotel Magritte were authentically in the spirit of Magritte – the whimsical and lyrical side of Magritte, without the darker side. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay – and if we could have, we would have stayed longer.

Cecile and Tony Rohling

NYC residents

Room Tip: Ask about the shower in the room. Some bathrooms were designed with a barrier that only covers a por...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple