fjord hotel berlin
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
Hotel Delta(Berlin)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspotsdamer platzhotel is locatedminute walka quiet residential areawalking distancehundred metersgreat hotelfresh fruitroom keyhotel is cleanafter midnightsony centerwonderful citythe hotel receptionspacious bathroomnon smokingtea coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I lost my luggage at the airport, and I couldn't reach them and they finally called the hotel this morning, and this girl at the reception desk, who doesn't have much of a brain, told them not to bring the luggage because the check out is in one hour, and she didn't get a way to reach them, so now I have to go again all the way to the airport and get my luggage.
It's perhaps the german attitude, "not our business, anything outside of the exact check out time"

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The rooms were very clean, and comfortable, although coffee making facilities would have been nice, but we found out on our trip that this is no exception in Germany. There were toiletries in our rooms. The reception and bar service was very friendly.We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as, although it looked very good, it was very expensive at 12.5 euros each. Berlin is an inexpensive city, and filling breakfasts can be had aplenty in the city centre for half that price. The bar prices, however, were acceptable to us. The very soft pillows in the rooms weren't to my liking and won't suit those who prefer a harder pillow. The location of the hotel appears at first, as others have said, to be a little off the beaten track, so much so that the taxi driver did not know where it was ! But it isn't in an industrial zone, as some reviews have suggested, (the buildings surrounding the hotel are mainly quiet residential apartment blocks) and it isn't in a dodgy backyard either. However, it would be wrong to say that, despite first appearances, its accessibility is poor. It is an easy walk to Potsdamer Platz, (12 minutes) and the nearest U-Bahn station at Mendelsson Bartholdy Park is a short walk away (5 minutes, maximum of 8, via the playground next to the hotel, turn right onto the street, a left turn, then another right. The station can be accessed via the multi storey car park). For the first time visitor to Berlin, the public transport system is magnificent. In summary, a better location (not perfect) than might be presumed from previous reviews, excellent friendly service, good clean rooms and good value for money. Would I stay here again - yes. Is it perfect ? No, but it was good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2012

The hotel is located in a quiet backyard, not a very nice one though, but still in the middle of the city. Nice price, good breakfast, friendly staff. A strange smell in the room, and the shower had no shades.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Fjord Hotel is reasonably priced, but has a strange location in a backyard of an industrial warehouse (Vattenfall). It takes a 15 min. walk to get to the S-banen.

The staff is friendly and helpful and the morning breakfast is quite good. The rooms are generelly large with a double bed, desk and a small sofa with a coffeetable. However, the room was in a need for a total makeover. It was clean and tidy, but old fashioned with a stained carpet (ugh). The paid wifi is one of the slowest I ever have experienced at any hotel.

The day I left, they were refurbishing all the rooms on the floor I stayed on. It is needed!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This is a fairly reasonably priced hotel and the room was clean and secure. Those are the only positive things I can really say. The location down a side road was obscure and a 15 minute walk away from any sights. The staff were polite but not very welcoming. There were no toiletries in the room, nor any tea/coffee making facilities, no safe and no fridge. Wifi you had to pay extra for which I thought was unreasonable as most hotels it is free these days. A bottle of water set us back 4 euro 50 on the first night when we arrived as it was late and there was no other choice. The lift was slow to arrive and they even said they would charge an extra 15 euro for checking out a couple of hours later than 11am (as we had a night time flight home). It all just felt very impersonal and like they charged for any little extra they could which is very different from the attitude I have found in other hotels. In addition, the plumbing was noisy and the only English TV channel was BBC World News. Not that we were away to watch TV but still, it just added to the list of things we didn't like. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends