“Good location, value to money.”

Amadeus am Kurfuerstendamm
Ranked #603 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
“Good location, value to money.”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

No air conditioning for the summer, it is about a brothel - BUT, clean rooms, great wifi, 2 minutes walk from the S bahn (the train).
Hot water, clean towels (though if you want new ones you have to put them on the bath.

Overall worth it when on a budget. Been here a week.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I were there with family, they canceled my reservation without information about it. I've asked about cancel, but they told it is impossible. We arrived and they told we don't have room for you. What is more 2 days before they took money from our credit card... They didn't want to give back our money and what is shocking they didn't help us to find diferent hotel or something else...
I've never seen so not professional hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Ryszard J
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Simply awful.

Do not stay here if you are a single traveler or have a young family. The hotel is above a brothel and its runs like a hostel.

I was staying with a group of friends and so I felt quite safe, but I had a room to myself and did not feel safe at night. The decor is from the 60s, and the walls had damp. My room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in while, and the curtains were hanging off their rails.

The brothel is frequented by local men who (i guess) spend the night at this hotel too, as there were alot of well dressed sleazy Germen men of a certain age walking up and down the stairs from midnight onwards.

I really enjoyed Berlin and didn't want the hotel to ruin the experience for me, but I wish I had stayed somewhere else.

The only good thing about this hotel is that the staff were actually really nice. Who knows why they worked there.

Stay away.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel. If you do stay here, try not to get one overlooking the brothel
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank RazeLon82
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2013

A clean and comfortable room in a most convenient area. Modern furniture, big bathroom, and an extra bed, which we did not pay for. However, we were asked to hand in the keys at 11 o'clock in the evening, and not later, on our last day in Berlin, since the reception closes at that time! Is this even possible? I mean, the reception is usually open all day long. It was our last night there and we might have wanted to go back to our room after 12 or something, so this was really irritating. Apart from this, nevertheless, we did not face any other difficulties. By and large, our booking was a good choice.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2013

My friends and I stayed in this hotel for 5 days. Overall we were very satisfied with it. The room space was huge, the bathroom was clean and the beds were clean and newly furnished. The stuff were friendly, however we were a bit disappointed when we were told to give the keys in before 11 pm in the night because we would be leaving at 7 am in the morning and they would not be there then. Basically they locked us in overnight. Also, the sink was problematic, stuck with water in the last 2 days of our stay. But, those where the problematic areas. Other than that, S-Bahn Charlottenburg and U-Bahn Adenauplatz were comfortably near. Very easy to find the hotel coming from Tegel/Schonefeld airports.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Zwolle, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We were with a group of 4 persons to celebrate NYE in Berlin. We got a really spacious room, there was also a table with 4 chairs. Rooms were clean, good shower. Everyday we got fresh towels and the beds were made. Also the staff was very friendly. I really recommend this hotel. The location was good, the metro station Adenauerplatz is very close by. Also many restaurants and bakeries nearby for good breakfast and eating. We did not have breakfast in the hotel so I can not say anything about that. The only thing that could have some improvement is the WiFi signal, this was not that good, only in front of the room door you had a good signal, but it was free of charge. One tip: If you go check in, leave your luggage at the elevator. The reception is at the sixth floor (elevator goes to the 5th floor only, so use the stairs), and our room was at the second floor, it will save you some energy moving your luggage around ;)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2012

The rooms are clean, for two people the space is enough, the beds are big but the one we had made a lot of noice (cheap IKEA beds). It was waking us up all the time when me or my girlfriend moved. Bathroom is fine, very clean, hot water in a few seconds. The charlottenburg station is about 5 min walking, not so good when you have a few luggage by your own.

• Stayed October 2012