Open today: 10:00 - 16:00

Ways to Experience Insider Tour
from US$19.55
13,166 results
All reviews famous walk nigel dunkley cold war third reich sachsenhausen concentration camp four hours his knowledge main sites hour walk his passion meeting point berlin's history subject matter great guide come alive visiting berlin berlin wall
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Excellent tour... committed tour guide... objectively presented information, very interesting. Absolute value for money... Highly recommended to anyone interested in Berlin's history

1  Thank Aditya M
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My wife and I did research here on tripadvisor which led us to the Insider Tours. Our guide was an Englishman named Barnaby who did an excellent job. You get a great history of all the very important sites from the beginning of the wall and cold war until its fall in 1989. It's a great 4 hour walking tour which includes a lot of public transportation with great dialogue. I highly recommend people to take the Cold War tour.

1  Thank kunta67
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My friends and I went to Berlin last Christmas and we decided to take a walking tour. We got a leaflet explaining walking tours and it was from Insider Tour. On the following day, 24th of December, we met Nigel. He was in the war and performed one of the best tours I've ever experienced called Behind the wall. This gentleman took us on Christmas day to the Famous Walk and shared with us personal experiences that made Berlin even more interesting. Berlin, of course, is a great place to visit and it does not need anything to make itself a fascinating spot to go, but when you listen to the history, said by a man who was part of it, everything becomes more than special… I have no words to describe how delightful this experience was. I recommend Insider Tour, Nigel Dunkley as a guide and I also would like to thank the person who gave me that leaflet. It was worth it.

Date of experience: December 2011
3  Thank Karinaninabela
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I had the pleasure of going on the Third Reich/WWII tour guided by Mike and it was the most thorough tour I've ever taken. The tour started out near a central train station and from there we traveled by public bus (short trip) and then on foot the rest of the way. Mike was able to round up all 40+ of us without inducing panic or confusion. And as a guide, Mike really knew his info and answered every question asked by the group. Mike was also able to mix sensitive topics with thought provoking insight, and not just the generic information about the sites we visited. It is a true walking tour so be prepared with comfy shoes and a sweater just in case. But our guide made sure we had plenty of opportunities to sit and use the restroom if needed.

I booked this tour based on TripAdvisor recommendations, and everyone was right on about the high quality information provided by guides like Mike! I'll definitely be back to Berlin to take another tour with this company. 100% recommend! Thanks again Mike!

1  Thank S26702
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I've really considered how to rate the tour I and my husband took with Insider Tours and I might end up changing the number of stars when I've written the review. We went on the Famous Walk: Hidden Berlin and ALL Main Sites with Brian and to be fair he did ask the group if it was okay for the tour to be slightly longer than the 4 hours planned. Everyone accepted that, but we had never dreamed that the "slightly longer" tour would be 6,5 hours instead of 4. We could have left before the end of course, but then we wouldn't have seen ALL Main Sites so we chose to stay on.
Apart from that there's the question of personality. Brian is wonderfully enthusiastic about his city, but for me (and my husband) the enthusiasm crossed the line to being too emotional at times. This is a question of taste and perhaps it isn't fair to rate the tour lower because of it, but for me it made the experience a little awkward.
On the plus side the contents of the tour are really interesting and we were given a crash course in Berlin past and present history that ranged from funny to heartbreaking.
So, I've reached the end of this review and the rating stays at 3. Some things merited a 5, but some only a 1, so all in all it must be 3.

7  Thank Danishlady104