“VERY STUPID RECEPTION!!!”

AZIMUT Hotel City South Berlin
Ranked #336 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Guys, they have stupidest and unfair reception staff!
When stayed in that hotel in 20 July 2012 I asked receptionist named Yana, how much it would cost me to call Baku city, which is of course not within Berlin City. She told me wrong price that is within the City, which is rather cheaper than calling another country, well, while check out she badly surprised me to pay 45 euros for 2 minutes of telephone calls, when I asked her why I should pay so much, she said yes that was my mistake but anyway you have to pay that price, when I asked why I have to pay for your mistake???? She very stupidly said I don’t know but you have to. Then I asked her to see the manager of the hotel she very rudely said no he is not here and that she didn’t know when he would be, it seemed that she tried to hide him from me, but all I wanted to hear why I should have had to pay so much, if I was informed wrongly????. So my advice to you guys, don’t ever call anywhere if you had to stay in azimut hotel, and verify the prices million times before paying.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Aga M

Reviewed 20 October 2012

The hotel is OK (room is adequately furnished, clean and comfortable), hotel staff is pleasant and helpful. The only problem with the hotel, is that it is far, far away from the center of Berlin. Although there are two bus stops within 3 or 5 minutes walk, if you intend to enjoy the nightlife/attend a concert, etc. and come back to the hotel late, you are very likely to end up taking a taxi. It takes an average of at least 1 hour to reach Berlin Hbhf from the hotel. The bus to/from Schoenefeld airport stops almost at the door.

Room Tip: Some rooms are next to glass doors dividing the corridors (not sure why). Try to avoid those, as gue...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank GabiR2
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Note: Since graduating in 1997, I have used the services of hotels, in various parts of Europe, Asia, South Arica Africa and North America. I spend several weeks in hotels per, this has been my worst experience...

Read on.....

The hotel is a fine **** standard, but they demand full payment in advance for the rooms, which I find strange. Normally hotels in Germany block a deposit and you pay the final amount when you check out.

The management are slow to solve problems. The charged my credit card 191 Euros more than they should have. I am still waiting after nearly 3 weeks for my credit.

I will now have to contact HRS again.... and I will also soon contact my Bank in the UK, I will have to chase this with VISA UK..

Room Tip: Pay Cash only or book another hotel !
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MarkfromPoland
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Very nice Hotel, ok i was lucky, i booked a standard room but get a business room because of overbooking ! Pleasant staff, helpful, it is said parking 9euros , but you can park in the street, for free !! bus station 30 seconds , but 2.40€ , on foot the nearest metro station is at about 20minutes, the hotel is next to a mcdonald, the rooms are totally new,and very clean, i recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Julien C
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Just had 4 nights in this hotel. It was very clean, though the room was a bit hot and the air con didn't seem to work, so we had the windows open all the time. similar to a travelodge but a bit better. Very helpful staff and very comprehensive breakfast. We couldn't get hold of the email or phone number to pre book the shuttle and as arrived lat, about midnight we got a taxi. After that we bought a 72 hour travel ticket from the hotel. This allows you on buses, underground and trains and also took us to the airport from the hotel on the 171 bus. It is about 40mins out of the city, but easy traveling on bus and Ubahn. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sally H
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stopped at the Azimut whilst on a 4 day break in Berlin - was a bit worried at first as it seemed a bit out of the centre. This however is not the case and the fantastic transport system enables easy travel. On arrival at the airport there is a bus that stops right outside the hotel on the other side and leaves from right outside the terminal literally 2 minutes walk from arrivals. The stop is Storchenweg ( every stop is advertised on a display inside the bus ). It is about 17 stops from the airport and took us about 20 mins. The bus number is 171. I would recommend buying a welcome/travelcard before travel as this makes it so easy on arrival!!!! you can order and have it delivered to UK, this then only needs validating on arrival and is something you do need for travel on any public transport!

The hotel itself in my opinion was clean and the staff very helpful, the rooms are clean and very much to the standard of a Travelodge. We booked bed and breakfast. The breakfast has a decent selection – cereal, yoghurts,fruit,plenty of cheeses and cooked meat, a decent selection of breads.Hot food wise its limited to sausage,mini type burgers,beans and scrambled egg but I found it very adequate before a day out and about. Never went into the bar but it has free wi-fi, pool table and Sky. I believe free wi-fi is provided on level 2&3.The hotel is literally 1 minutes walk from a McDonalds and a couple of minutes from an Aldi.To the other side is a pizza and pasta restaurant but did not try it. I found the surrounding area to be decent.

It will take about 15 mins to walk to the nearest U-Bahn station which is Johannisthaler Chausee, this is right next to a big shopping centre. The other option is catch a bus and get off at another U-Bahn but I didnt do this. The walk is all on the main road and while the area near the station may seem dodgy I dont believe this to be the case. It takes about 30-40 mins to get into the centre obviously depending where you are going. I can recommend the Berlin Subway I-phone app which is a great help.

We found a few good restaurants in the Hackescher Market area selling German fare. Make sure you try a currywurst at some point!!! We also went to watch Hertha BSC v Bayern Munich and if you are a football fan its well worth the visit!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mark87008
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights and had a very pleasant experience. I share some details here:

- Transportation:
Bus 171 leaves every 10-20 minutes or so depending on the weekday and time of the day. The station is about 100-200 meters from the hotel, across the street. You get off at any of the metro stations along the route (Grenzallee, Neukolln, Hermannplatz). It takes about 40 minutes to get to the center, but if you'll be out of the hotel for the whole day, it doesn't hurt to be that far way.
There're a metro station like 20 minutes away, but I never tried it.

- Iron/ironing board: they won't provide one in your room, but the have an ironing room close to the reception.

- Wi-fi: I used it once, it worked prefectly, although only in the lobby. Price was fair: 2€ for 30 minutes, 3€ for 1 hour and I think 7,50€ for a day.

- Airport Shuttle: I had to call and email the hotel a couple of times to arrange our shuttle, but they finally confirmed a couple of days before my flight. I was worried they wouldn't provide it, since our flight arrive almost at midnight. The driver was there on-time, he was very nice and helpful, and speaks perfect english. It was a short ride to the hotel.

- Neighborhood: it seems to be a residential area, but the street is quite commercial (in a good way). McDonalds is next door, so we had breakfast there everyday. If you have a german phone #, you can use their wi-fi for free (you receive the network password via SMS).
There's also plenty of restaurants around, and from others reviews I read, they seem to be pretty good.

- Bedoom:
Bedroom was small, but had everything one could need: small closet, huge mirror (besides the one in the bathroom), desk, chair, small sofa, a place to put your lugagge... I'd say it was "smart-small" :P. Bathroom was really clean.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple