“Weekender”

Ranked #531 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Weekender”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Compact hotel.higher floor rooms are nicest because of traffic noise.Rooms are small but adequate.decor rather outdated in hallways.bathroom small with shower that worked fine.no aircon
but heating was good.Breakfast was good.Location bit distant from centre but close to underground.Good room rate for Berlin. Would recommend for short stay

Room Tip: Essential to choose higher floor due to road noise
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rogeva

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Paris
Reviewed 26 March 2013

A good backpacker's hotel at most, dark and shabby, no AC, heating or anything, I freezed all night and the cold woke me up the next morning. Of course the rates are interesting but still. I would have changed hotels right away (booked for 2 nights) but I had an event to attend, so I stayed there and changed in the morning for another hotel. The neighborhood is a little dead and not the best at night but there's a couple of useful stores nearby.

The good point, it's 15 minutes away from the closest airport, there's a taxi cab station, a bus stop and the U-Bahn across the street.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nour H

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Yes its clean ! Yes its ok for a Night or two
Yes its close to any Public transportations
But
Its noisy as hell and that sux

They really should think ab a renovation to justify the price
We would hesitate to book it again
We just booked it bc it was very close to friends who live here

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank bgentschgermany
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This hotel is quite basic but was convenient for visiting friends nearby. The subway is right across the road and that was also convenient. One or two good eating places are nearby especially a very nice 'alternative' vegetarian cafe/restaurant a couple of streets away. Our room was right at the top of the building and was very hot - no air conditioning, and no use opening the window as the sun streams right in. Drawing the curtains helped a bit. The room was only just big enough, but adequate. More hanging space would have helped - enough space in the wardrobe but not enough hangers. The shower room was small but very clean. Tricky getting exactly the right water temperature from combi-style water heater for the shower. The breakfast room is pleasant and the food plentiful and good. Staff we encountered were courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Book early and ask for a lower floor room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 15 August 2012

A double booking had been made and I cancelled one of the bookings. It was obviously a mistake. When I realized what had happened I called the very same day of arrival and offered to pay for two night, but they charged 80% of the whole week and the manager was nowhere to be found until a week later. I called the hotel many times trying to explain the situation. When I found the manager she refused to make any change of that, even though the hotel knew the room was free to rent. So they got my money for nothing, but I will never ever going to try this place again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ALIEN-EYE
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

I arrived in the middle of the afternoon. Even though I had printed off my booking information, it still took them a long time to find my room. When the receptionist asked what I was doing in Berlin, I answered that I had come to take language classes to improve my German. She turned to the other staff member and said in German 'this little American thinks she can learn German in 4 months' and they both laughed. This made me very sad, because my German is good enough to understand this. I had several bags and there is a small flight of stairs before arriving at the elevator. I asked for help to bring my bags up these stairs, but I was refused help. This was not good customer service.

The room is small, but clean. The bed is comfortable. I recommend finding a different place to stay, because, for me, good service is one if the most important things in a hotel.

Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Michelle W
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Only stayed the one night in the hotel but everything was great and as expected, the breakfast was stunning and plenty of choice. The hotel is perfectly sited for the underground station(right outside) which we used to get around all the sites that berlin has to offer. We wouldnt hesitate to use the hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business