“Good hotel in central location”
Review of Hotel Aquino

Hotel Aquino
Ranked #268 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Ontario, Canada
“Good hotel in central location”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Hotel Aquino appears to be both a hotel and, as the name suggests, some kind of Catholic centre - with a Church in the building, Bible (German language) sitting by the bed, and a cross on the wall.

I stayed one night - a Friday - and got a very good price of around 50 Euro.

The rooms are clean and modern, with (for the price) large bathrooms and a spacious sleeping area. The room was very bright with a table for writing, a TV, closet space, hangars, mini bar, etc. My room had a view of the front court yard and there were no problems with street traffic noise as the rooms (mine at least) are a good distance from street level.

A major plus for this hotel is that it just a two minute walk from the Friedrichstrasse in Mitte. Yet surprisingly the street itself felt like a quiet residential area right in the centre of Berlin.

They did not however have free Wifi and though I can't recall the price of the breakfast it was something like 16 Euro so I passed on it. One very minor problem I had was opening the door to my room when checking in but once learning the method it was no problem.

I met two members of staff. The woman on the front desk who checked me in was business-like (not very friendly but not hostile either). After recording my passport information she gave me stern instructions about not losing the identification pass when out or I would not be given the key to my room... no matter what, I presume! Fortunately, it wasn't a problem as I didn't lose it:) and the night porter who gave me my key was friendly.

I got the impression this hotel probably would suit business travellers as well as tourists looking for a quiet, more reasonably priced modern room in the heart of a major European city centre.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrew9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed 22 October 2008

What a gem. I wanted someplace relatively cheap (87 euro) and close to the train station. Didn't know it was a Catholic conference center. Not sure what the other poster said in German but I bet it was good. The hotel was quiet, close to lots of restaurants, and had a first-rate breakfast. Free internet connection in the room. Obviously, party animals should look elsewhere because it's about as low-key as you can get. Modern but nothing fancy about it, either. If you want plain and simple (and neat and quiet), it's the place to go.

• Liked — Short walk to the train station
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank DaKine1098