“So Convenient, Comfortable and Clean - Best Value for Money”

Motel One Berlin-Ku'damm
Ranked #183 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I need to stay close to the Zoologischer Garten station and I have stayed in a Motel One before so after seeing the price I did not hesitate to book.

Check-in was smooth, the staff were very professional, helpful with my questions and friendly, this was the same throughout my stay, bravo!

My room faces the courtyard of another building and was very quiet at night, the room is basic but comfortable, it comes with a queen size bed, two single duvet, 2 large pillows and 2 small pillows, 2 good reading lamps by the bed, a small table, a stool, a "sofa chair" at the corner, a plasma TV, 3 tier wall shelve for storage, small area for hanging clothes with 6 hangers.

The bed was not too hard and not too soft, it was just right, the beddings were of good quality linen making sleep very comfortable.

WiFi was free and worked fine from my room.

The shower/toilet is bright, small, and very clean. Shower has good water pressure, exhaust fan works wonderfully and quietly, towels were of good quality linen, toilet paper that doesn't feel like sandpaper, and a couple of hooks behind the door.

I must add that I've visited rooms facing the railway line and I've found them surprisingly quiet, I think the double glazed window worked wonder.

For breakfast, I ate at Schwarzes Cafe near Savignyplatz on Kanstrasse once, and at the retro feel Cafe Kranzler on Ku'damm the other time. I was told Carpe Diem under the railway line off Uhlandstrasse serves very good coffee. For lunch and dinner I couldn't recommend the excellent German diner Dicke Wirtin at Savignyplatz enough. Quasimodo cafe restaurant next to the hotel also served excellent dishes based on a limited menu, it has a nice foreyard I imagine quite pleasant when the rain stops.

I really like this location, it was so convenient to dump my shopping from Ku'damm and to jump on the train/bus from the transport hub nearby. Value for money wise, Motel One has proved itself to be a reliable brand and I will continue to support it whenever I visit Germany.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank little_ostow
There are newer reviews for Motel One Berlin-Ku'damm

Reviewed 16 June 2013

great value for money
the hotel is right off Kurfüstendamm, one center of the city. a lot of sights are within walking distance, subway is right outside the hotel
many bars, restaurants and clubs neaby
the breakfast was surpisingly good, deicious croissants and resh rolls.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jkfs111
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The motel one is a very good hotel to visit Berlin. Both for vacation and business. The rooms are clean and modern, the size as not to large, but more than ok. The U-Bahn and the Bus to the Airport are very close to the hotel. It is only a short walk to the Ku'damm with a lots of shops.
I was affraid of the S-Bahn which is very close to the hotel, but the isolation is perfect and thus the roomm si quite!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I have stayed here a number of times. About a block from bahnhof. I always included the breakfast for the extra 7.5 euro. Good breakfast but no hot dishes. I like having a number of different coffee drinks in the morning, having just those coffees elsewhere would exceed the price of breakfast. I was there 6 nights and never tired of breakfast. Yes the rooms are small and no wardroom but there was adequate room for my stuff. TV okay with some English channels. Wifi worked well. I would have liked a mini fridge. I frequently got cokes or beer from nearby Ullrich market. There are two entrances/exits to the market and leaving the one on Kantstrasse is about half a block from hotel entrance. I do miss not having an ice machine like US hotels.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank rkh29
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for five days location was fine just two minutes from zooligischer station . Rooms clean although basic. Good bar service and great breakfast. Modern decor and layout and not to pricey either.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I booked this hotel primarily based on its location and I ease of access by train from airport. I was allowed access to the room at noon even though check in is from 3pm.

The hotel lobby, bar and hotel rooms were modern, clean and prefect for a short staff. I paid for breakfast which was very good and allowed me free access to the wifi

By far the most positive aspect to this hotel was the helpfulness and professionalism of the staff. There were very helpful to me at all times and provided a service with a level of enthusiasm that clearly shows that they enjoy their job.

I will start at Motel One when I am next in Berlin and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank John S
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I have stayed for 3 times & its value for money. They give basic facilities @ a good price. Hotel is centraally located & many resturents close to the hotel..They give free wifi with a very good speed. Breakfast is bsic & all 5 days its the same.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bigger
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business