“Not advisable when there's a big convention in Berlin”

Metropolitan Hotel Berlin
Ranked #330 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The hotel is positioned as a budget hotel, however during periods that there is a big convention in Berlin they tend to jack up their prices which make the stay not worth it. The rooms are very small and the hallways are tight. Breakfast is very simple, which makes it not worth it if your charged premium.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 February 2013

The hotel is in a good location, close to the shopping area and a small supermarket. The staff were friendly and answered our questions straight away. The room we were given was spacious, clean and was very modern. The only drawback i could say was that the pillows were abit on the thin side but it was still ok.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Freshjive_Adelaide
Reviewed 15 February 2013

The bed collapsed the moment we sat down. Without any problem, we were assigned to another room. Both rooms were quite spacious and clean, although the first room's bathroom was quite small.

The hotel was conviently located in the vicinity of a metro station (300 meter) and the Kurfürstendamm. Personnel was friendly and helpful.

The only con was the lack of free wifi.

We stayed for 2 nights and would stay in this hotel again, if we were to return to Berlin.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank MutsX
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I chose a pretty small and basic room but cheap.A single bed in just 8 sqmeters...no frills but clean ,quiet ,not far from 2 U bahn stations.Won't please the claustrophobic type .
Staff : Horrible man on the evening of my arrival,barking in german without a smile... much nicer fellow on duty in the morning

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I stayed here in October. Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable bed. What more can I say? I spent hardly any time in my room...I was in BERLIN! The only thing I didn't like was the shower curtain sticking to me! But if that's the worst thing I experienced there, I don't have much to complain about. I will definitely stay there again when I go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Neilio_S
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I stayed here for four nights in October. I was very happy with this hotel and would definitely book again. The room was very, very small, but this was made clear to me when I booked. The only problem I encountered was being told that I had to pay 7.50 euros to print my boarding pass when I had been previously told that this was free. The receptionist did back down and let me have for it for free, but I am surprised they have the nerve to ask 7.50 euros to do this! I would definitely recommend this hotel to others looking for good value in a nice area of Berlin.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bluerosiep
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the standard of this hotel on a recent leisure trip.

I paid 29 euros for a basic single room, which was (as advertised) small but clean and well-equiped.

Breakfast was plentiful and good value.

Reception staff were friendly and very helpful, more than happy to answer any questions about how to get somewhere, etc.

The hotel is also i an excellent location, 3 minutes' walk from Augsburgerstrasse U-Bahn station (only a few stops from the majority of the main tourist attractions) and close to several restaurants & a wonderful bar (the Berlin Bier Academy!)

Having stayed in many hotels in Germany, this one represented the best value for money in my experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends