“sehr nett?”

Cafe Butter
Ranked #607 of 8,394 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Cafe, European, German, Central European
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sehr nett?”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

i don't know why some people are saying the service was good. the food is good, and the price is reasonable, but the service is one of the worst. here the customer is always wrong! if you're masochistic, you could be happy here. I live in Pappel Allee, but the service made me stop going there. hey boss, you better think it over. you got the worst waitresses. Some people are visiting your place, cuz your food and atmosphere are good. But your service? dort ist die Kunden nicht mehr König!

1 Thank 철호 박

• Greek first
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic! One of the best meals of my vacation”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had a rushed three day stop in Berlin on a three week vacation. On my last night I met a friend at his place and we all went to Café Butter. What a great restaurant! It definitely seemed like a place for locals and not tourists (I hate touristy restaurants). Super busy but with excellent service. My Berlin friend "warned" me that the portions here are huge, but we all ended up ordering too much anyway. Duck salad that was just out of this world. Nuremburg sausages and fries: excellent. Everything was wonderful (including the beer). Café Butter is one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at. I very rarely give five stars on Trip Advisor, but Café Butter definitely deserves it. Do yourself a favour and go!

• Visited September 2013
Berlin, Germany
“Good food, decent prices, friendly staff”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Good food, decent prices, friendly staff - this is the perfect recipe for a good restaurant and this is what you get at Cafe Butter. I recommend both the dinner and the breakfast - simple, good quality and served with much love.

• Visited September 2013
Berlin, Germany
“Just another place to feel at home in Berlin”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I went to Cafe Butter on different occasions. Lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch, I always enjoy the Berliner atmosphere and the true flair of Prenzlauer Berg in this cafe. The service is very kind, but discreet and professional in the same time. I also got to meet the owner: a hard working man but never to busy to stop for a short chat with his guests. Once he stopped at our table and, impressed by our interest in this particular part of Berlin, he showed us an album with photos made in the 70s and 80s by one of his friends.
Just another place where you feel at home!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Catalin B
gent
“The place to be for breakfest”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Good breakfest in a very nice place. You always stay much longer than you thought when you arrived. Staff is nice and helpfull.

Visited January 2013