“Tasty traditional german food”
Review of Gambrinus

Gambrinus
Ranked #558 of 9,173 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We went for a late lunch being very hungry and found gambrinus by chance. Food was very tasty and massive. Service very well too. Try the currywurst as appetizers and schnitzel if you have not before. Kids portions can be enough.also postd gemusetell is a tasty surprise! Veggies with potatoes and eggs!

Need to walk through the park after.
Full menu for 4 at 15 per person.
Really recommend it.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went there with friends for a German traditional dinner, A nice lady seems to be the owner or a family member greeted us warmly and toke our orders. I had the schnitzel and liked it so much also I enjoyed their house beer. my friends also enjoyed their orders. we spent the whole night there enjoying the place, the food and the drinks. finally we noticed that its cheaper than other restaurants in this area. highly recommended.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Let me start with the good things: the schnitzel my wife and I ordered was nice and the portion size was good. But the service was terrible! It took more than half an hour to take the food out. Another couple who came a few minuts after we were seated got their order before us. When we ask the waitress what's going on with our order she murmured "2 minuts" without even looking at us. 10 minuts later we got our food. The schnitzel was good, but the fries were reheated and dry. Poor experience.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very warm welcome from staff who made every effort to get us a table. Good explanation of menus and food available. No chicken dishes & few fish/veggie choices, but.... hey thats traditional German food, so no complaints !! Decent value for money.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Food was alright, but far from impressive, however slightly overpriced by Berlin standards. The surprise came with the bill, where a 6 euro service charge was applied (our bill was 48 euros). Very smartly just written in the middle of the bill (obviously just hand-written piece of paper) making difficult to notice. I have ordered in German, but we where obviously foreigners, so they have thought it was alright to rip us off this way. When I have inquired at our waitress and mentioned that as far as I knew, service has to be included in the price in Germany, and also there's no service charge is mentioned on the menu (it is actually quite the opposite - service is included as I have checked it afterwards on their website) she said that it is her boss' decision to charge customers and we have to pay it. I have told her that I also work in a restaurant in Germany and have a slight knowledge how things are here, and I have intended to give her a 10% tip which I will still do so I pay 52 euros instead of the 54 on the bill. She has taken a the money and told us 'viel spass' with a lot of sarcasm in it..Obviously I will not return to this restaurant.