“Next time we WILL lick the plates!”

Rutz Restaurant - Weinbar
Ranked #140 of 8,586 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$0 - US$66
Cuisines: German, Central European, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Description: A michelin star restaurant with Marco Muller one of the best chefs in germany. From first impressions, our unimposing facade offers little of what lies within. From the moment you step inside, the RUTZ Restaurant opens up like an art gallery delivering a puristic rooms-within-rooms concept, Restaurant and Winebar. Elegant and yet simultaneously harmonious. The RUTZ Restaurant is located on the first floor. Here you enjoy a modern laid back atmosphere amongst natural materials and an exclusive ambience of high-end hospitality. Here you will find a perfect combination in every dish of flavor balance and creative inspiration. Our Head Chef Marco Muller is dedicated to delivering naturally sourced ingredients of only the highest standard and variety. His creative and yet well-balanced cuisine focuses on originality, naturality and aromatics. A great wine bar with a huge wine list. Our multi-award winning wine list offers over 850 unique bottlings with a primary focus on Riesling and German wines. On behalf of Michelin Star chef Marco Muller, Head Sommelier, Restaurant Manager and the whole RUTZ Team, we look forward to hosting you soon.
NY, NY
“Next time we WILL lick the plates!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We first had a lite dinner at the wine bar downstairs and were thoroughly pleased with the wines and the small plates of exceptionally well-prepared food. So we went back the following evening for a full (6 courses) tasting menu. Only the beef dish may have slightly disappointed-but perhaps that is based on an unfair comparison-since all the other dishes were perfection. Truly remarkable because of the inventive yet delicious food-the hallmark of great cooking. Puts many a two and three star Michelin restaurant to shame. Our service was equally excellent, so I am surprised at some of the negative comments.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank sparksterNy_Ny

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
London
“An excellent evening”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We dined downstairs

I had the duck, which was excellent, and my sister had a pasta dish along with her first-ever taste of Pfifferlinge - which were done without the heavy sauce one seems sometimes. Delicious.

The sommeliere knew what she was doing and the microbeer followed by an excellent red were outstanding.

It is not that inexpensive but it did not break the bank either. Recommended.

San Francisco, California
“Fantastic wine, small plates and cheese!”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We had dinner there a week ago and really liked the restaurant. The sommelier was spot on with recommendations, the food pretty good, with some dishes being much stronger than others but the star was the cheese course. The service was more than adequate.

Berlin, Berlin, Germany
“I can't believe this place is legal...”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The food was absurd. Absurdly AMAZING. Had a dinner for 4 here a few weeks ago and loved it. Incredible service overall & our server was incredibly passionate about his craft. He crammed our brains to the brim with plenty of knowledge about the delights we were about to taste. I wish I didn't have to stop eating that night. Maybe I should get an operation to expand the size of my stomach.

I certain that Johannes E might have been eating out of the dumpster across the street by mistake (I hope). I can't believe that he would spend 4.5 hours in a waste disposal unit after staying at the Adlon. Poor baby. If I were to review his review, I'd say I'd enjoy reading it more if he used 100 less pairs of brackets and ellipses all over the place. 1 out of 5, “Awful & terrible review construction”

Seriously though, that was one of the best dining experiences I've had in a long, long time.

2 Thank Pasquale D
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awful and terrible experience”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Friends and I did a 10 day trip through Germany and we stayed 3 days in Berlin. Fantastic city, food and scene, but Rutz was low of the entire trip. We stayed at the Adlon in Berlin (fantastic Hotel), but Rutz was overpriced, service was borderline abusive (unfriendly, bossy, incompetent), wine pairing mediocre, no flexibility and the food … the food tried to be a ‘French Laundry’ … and they failed miserably. Also – the whole bad experience lasted for 4.5 hours. I would never go back and already told folks that this place is not worth your money and time.

• Visited August 2013