“A great walking tour of Berlin, Germany”

Original Berlin Walks
US$99.46*
Private Berlin Custom Half-Day Tour with Private Driver and Guide
Ranked #4 of 391 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Original Berlin Walks offers a variety of walking tours covering all sides of Berlin's history; from our 'all in one' Discover Berlin tour, to tour focusing on the Berlin Wall and the Nazi past, to whole day excursions such as Potsdam or the Sachsenhausen Conctentration Camp Memorial Site, if you want to learn about Berlin's past, then we're the people you need.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It was the "Discover Berlin" walking tour, on Sunday morning, May 4th 2014.

The guide, Alex LaRocca, was very knowledgeable, very interesting, very lively.
It was a magnificent introduction to the history of Berlin, and Germany in general.
I highly recommend this walking tour.

Yvon Giroux
Montreal, Canada

Write a ReviewReviews (5,740)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The first tour we completed was the "Discover Berlin" tour, which was a great introduction to Berlin and the vast majority of main tourist sights. Our guide, Caroline, was excellent, co-ordinating the tour really efficiently, whilst taking time to share detailed and insightful knowledge about the city and the many different places we covered on the tour, as well as answering the many questions from the tour group. We were so impressed by Caroline that a few days later we went back to Original Berlin Walks to do the "Cold War" tour. We were lucky enough to get Caroline again for this tour and this was also excellent - this tour not only allowed us to take in a number of additional places of historical interest, but provided us with even more information and background knowledge on some of the sites we had visited during the Discover Berlin tour and once again Caroline was incredibly informative. Finally, we also tried one of the company's newer tour, labelled the "Urban Berlin" tour. We would advise travellers to be slightly more wary of this tour as it doesn't quite live up to how it is being promoted, and aside from some notable street-art sites, requires future development.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The discover Berlin tour covered all of the major attractions that I was hoping to see during my two days in Berlin. Our guide, Emily, was very friendly and knowledgeable, she provided some excellent museum and food recommendations as well. My only complaint is that she undersold how good the asparagus soup is, it's not just good, it's amazing!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

To understand Berlin, to better appreciate its unique history, to prioritize your "must see" places...see www.berlinwalks.de and although I am confident all guides are excellent, I can tell you for certain that Emily is passionate about the city, clearly possesses the in depth knowledge and skillfully presents in an entertaining and easy to understand way, I thought 4 hours would be hard on me...I was wanting more when we ended!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Just spent a great day with Rick doing the Cold War tour. Rick was a fountain of knowledge and we had a really good day despite the weather being very chilly and wet. I would definitely recommend this tour and would do another with this company.