“I knew that I knew a little bit about Berlin, but I didn't know how little...”

Original Berlin Walks
US$16.78*
Berlin's Infamous Third Reich Sites Half-Day Walking Tour
Ranked #4 of 381 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: Original Berlin Walks offers a variety of walking tours covering all sides of Berlin's history; from our 'all in one' Discover Berlin tour, to tour focusing on the Berlin Wall and the Nazi past, to whole day excursions such as Potsdam or the Sachsenhausen Conctentration Camp Memorial Site, if you want to learn about Berlin's past, then we're the people you need.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I knew that I knew a little bit about Berlin, but I didn't know how little...”
Reviewed 11 January 2011

We happened to pick up a flyer from the hotel lobby and decided to take the "Discover Berlin" tour. It was very easy to find our meeting point outside the Hackescher Markt S-Bahn station as it was clearly marked by a big sign. Our tourguide, Michael from South-London, was very knowledgeable and told us all about the main sites. More interestingly he also had a lot of stories about the lttle artifacts and the personal experiences of his friends (and relatives) during the tumultuous times at Berlin. If you have time (or patience) for only 1 tour in Berlin, this should be it.

PS: Michael, good luck with your studies at the Humboldt University, and....
Karl Friedrich Schinkel rules!!!

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Belfast, IRE
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Amazing! would definitely recommend”
Reviewed 10 January 2011

We went on two of the tours, firstly the Sachsenhausen concentration camp with yahob (sorry about the spelling) he was a brilliant tour guide and obviously had a genuine interest, he answered all questions and kept the group interested throughout with his bountiful knowledge. I would definitely recommend this tour and it's guide. Worth every penny and some more.
Secondly we went on the third reich tour with Barnaby, again the guide was filled will genuine interest and showed a passion for passing on the stories of the past, Barnaby kept the tour interesting with his humour. Again all questions were answered and more. So interesting and informative. 10/10 for experience and 10/10 for the brilliant tour guides.

Montreal, Canada
“Serious and fun guides - best walking tours of Berlin”
Reviewed 9 January 2011

My girlfriend and I took the Discover Berlin tour with Jim. It was her first time in Berlin but I had been there years before. The tour was excellent: Jim was very well documented, made sure we knew he was available if we had further questions, took his time. If you go to Berlin, you will notice there are many companies offering such tours, sometimes "free" of initial charge. Don't be mistaken: the Original Berlin Walks remains the best choice for an advised traveller, whatever his/her age. And I had the misfortune of going on tours of other companies as well, so I strongly recommend OBW. Enjoy.

Snowdonia National Park, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Excellent for first time visitors to Berlin”
Reviewed 8 January 2011

This tour (Discover Berlin Walk) suited us perfectly as we only had a few days in Berlin. We will certainly visit the City again and I would probably do the same tour again as there was so much information that I could not possibly take it all in in one go. I guess each individual trour guide probably puts a slightly different emphasis on different things anyway making a second tour worthwhile if you enjoyed the first as much as we did.

Once you have completed the tour you can each of the attractions that interested you most in order to explore them further. A great idea for the first day of your first visit to Berlin!

Royston, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sachsenhausen Tour”
Reviewed 8 January 2011

I recently took a group of 11 students to Berlin and arranged a tour of Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp with Original Berlin Walks. The guide, Arja was brilliant. All the students responded well to her and she was a veritable fount of knowledge. Had a brilliant day despite the blistering cold. Would definitely recommend going with this tour company. Easy to organise, great communication, outstanding value for money and just very knowledgeable.

Visited October 2010