“Good taste!”

Ranked #2,712 of 9,570 Restaurants in Berlin
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

I am living near by and I visit it very often when I want to have a Currywurst with Pommes frites!! I prefer that one although there are some others and more famous curry places in my neighborhood cause the ketchup they use actually tastes like curry and not just tomato!! You can order a bigger portion of Pommes which is really really big in a good price!! Staff is very friendly!!

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

I have to admit, since trying my first currywürst many years ago I've been an avid fan. However, my tastes have changed along with my ethics and I'm now more vegetarian than anything else. Of course this is where most come unstuck when it comes to currywürst. Fear no more fellow veggies, these guys offer a vegan/vegetarian option now which I have to say is actually better than the real thing in my opinion. We were served by a really chirpy friendly lady and the stall was packed with other hungry diners. I've yet to try Curry61's veggie offer, but I'm sure Curry Bergmann can compete. Well worth a stop if you're in the area.

Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

It's hard to find a vegetarian option for currywurst but Bergmann have got it. The lady serving us was really nice and it was great to experience the currywurst taste without eating pork.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

If you are looking for a convincing opportunity to try one of the most common German dishes, you should avoid the mainstream "Curry36". Seriously, it's not that good anymore and the waiting times are enormous.
Anyway, you are in Berlin. Some myths say the hipster movement were born here. So lets try the Currywurst in one of the most hipster streets in Berlin:

Service: The personal is exactly how you'd picture a typical Berlin citizen: not unfriendly but a tiny little bit saucy while being generally charmingly open-minded.

Atmosphere: A regular Currywurst kiosk typically doesn't offer seating areas and should be located convenient like any other street food establishment in Germany and so does this one. Therefore, it has a cozy street atmosphere in the middle of a semi-crowded side street. In winter radiant heaters are installed.

Menu: Besides the desired classic Currywurst and french fries, there are several creative creations like vegan or bio sausages and several interesting toppings.
Friends of spicy challenges will enjoy the various offer of hot sauces. The range varies from relative mild up to the scale where real men gasp for air.
Warning: rather start slowly if you have no experience with really spicy food. just sayin ;)

Taste: I was born and raised in Berlin and this is my second favorite Currywurst. I can't tell anything about the bio sausages besides it's ironical how fast food and healthy attitude fuse and create something really abstract. But the french fries are done on point and are great for a little night snack as well.

Direction: In the middle of the famously known "Bergmannstraße" and not far away from the unseasoned King of tourist Currywurst the kiosk is well located between great cafes, exotic restaurants and hip accessory stores.

resume: authentic Currywurst with great offers. A special tip from a Berlin guy.

Reviewed 27 April 2015 via mobile

This is a classical Currywurst-Stand located on the Bergmannstrasse, a lively street in Berlin (great restaurants around).

The Currywurst was really tasty and just as expected. Would recommend!