Ranked #13 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
ardrossan
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed here last year and could not fault this great hotel.Food excellent,staff friendly,facility's at hotel fantastic.Close to underground and within walking distance of reichstag,brandenburg gate,checkpoint charlie

Room Tip: Underground is a great way to get around don't be afraid to get on and just go for a ride get of...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
ClaudiaAnderle, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear martinggracey,
thank you for your review here on Tripadvisor. It is a great acknowledgement that you are reviewing us at a later stage – remembering the friendliness of the team shows us that we did everything right! Thank you very much and we do hope to welcome you back at Adina Checkpoint Charlie.
Warm regards,
Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed for 2 nights with my son. Hotel room was very comfortable and gave us plenty of space. Had made email request for twin beds prior to our arrival and hotel was very accommodating. Desk clerks were very nice and extremely helpful. Location was convenient - very close to Checkpoint Charlie but also walking distance to Unter den Linden and Museum Isle.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Car0lina_M0m,
Thank you for sharing your experiences here on Tripadvisor. We are glad to read you and your son had a great stay and most of all thank you for mentioning the friendliness of the team – their aim is to make all our guests feel welcome and it is a pleasure to read you acknowledged this.
We hope to welcome you soon back!
Kind regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was taken away for my 25th birthday (my age is a lie to make me feel better about my real age) and we stayed in the Adina Apartment Hotel. It was excellent. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a suite for my birthday. It was spacious, had everything and more that I could possibly want, separate bedroom, lounge/kitchen, large bathroom. The room was immaculate and tastefully minimal.

We arrived early and they let us check in without any fuss, meaning we could freshen up after our flight. This was a big plus.

After a spot of sightseeing we returned to the hotel to find they had left a delightful tin of chocolate cornflakes as a gift for my birthday. This was a lovely little treat and was much appreciated.

It's in a great location. The staff were friendly and attentive. The bar staff make a mean (and strong) cocktail and were eager to please.

We didn't eat in the hotel, but I did sneak a peek at another guests food and it looked delicious.

The pool also looked good, unfortunately my good intentions of getting up early for a swim didn't materialise due to the excellent German beer the previous evening.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Tell them it's your Birthday :)
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ambassador-No-1 ,
thank you so much for your candid review and for celebrating your 25th birthday with us! We are glad to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and the we could wow you not only with our spacious rooms, but also with our leisure facilities and most of all the friendliness of the team. I will share your great feedback with the entire team and we do hope to welcome you soon back.
Best regards and take care,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Came for my honeymoon for 4 days between Christmas and new year and was not disappointed. A lovely note from the manager congratulating us with some lovely chocolates and biscuits. Amazing cocktails in the bar. Amazing location.
Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SurfersideB
Dear SurfersideB,
Thank you very much for your review and thank you for having chosen to stay at Adina Checkpoint Charlie for your honeymoon! The entire team wishes you and your wife all the best and we hope to welcome you back – perhaps next year for your anniversary? You are more than welcome to contact us direct and we will ensure your next stay will be as pleasant as the one you have described above.
Take care, all the best,
Aransas Pass, Texas
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Adina Checkpoint Charlie 5 nights in January 2014. The desk clerks are phenomenal. They are very good about trying to make your stay enjoyable. When we had questions about the bill, they we're helpful and informative. When the assigned room smelled of cigarette smoke, we were quickly reassigned to another room....with an apology and a smile. We had assumed that all of the apartments would have washers and dryers. We'd reserved an efficiency. We arrived late in the evening and asked about the W&D but we're advised that we would have to upgrade at $30 Euros per night for a one bedroom to have a W&D. We felt that was fair, so took the one bedroom. Loved that the entire hallway lit up when we entered (see picture) The room was very clean. The bed was not very comfortable. The view was awful during daylight hours, but through no fault of the Adina. There was a big construction mess across the street, where it looked like a building had been torn down and the debris just left there. At night the view was pretty, as we could see the lights of the high-rise buildings across the way, and our room had a nice little balcony. It's about a 2.5 to 3 block walk to a main street, Friedrichstrasse, where there are great stores, shops, banks, cell phone centers, the underground and restaurants. The sidewalks from the Adina to Fredrichstrasse felt safe and we like to walk so it was fine. Out the front doors of the Adina, and directly across the street is a large bricked walkway, about 100 feet wide, that goes between two buildings. If you take that walkway, just to the left on the other side, there is the Lidl grocery market (see picture), next to that a pharmacy (see picture) and above those is a discount store. Just go up the steps. Very handy! The grocery market also has a small pastry sales and pizza sales area in one corner. The pastries are good, we didn't try the pizza. All in all, this is a pretty nice place, in a fairly nice area. It's a bit far, about 6 blocks, to Checkpoint Charlie, but once you're there, it's just a few more blocks to the Jewish Museum...a must-see. We only encountered three problems at the Adina. The coffee was about $15 for the two of us. We felt that was over the top on price, and it wasn't that good. The washer and dryer take F O R E V E R to do a load. But MOST importantly, the maid entered our room after we had specifically told the desk clerk every morning that we didn't want anyone in our room while we were gone. Its difficult to try to figure out if anything is missing from 3 suitcases and a backpack when you realize someone has been in your room. Unfortunately, after arriving home, I found that a bottle of prescription medication had disappeared from my bag. If not for this, I would have given the Adina a score of 5. Because of this situation, I rated the "Service" a 1 (terrible).

Room Tip: I would think a room higher up than the third floor would provide a better view at night. Rooms faci...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1hairleft
ClaudiaAnderle, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear 1hairleft,
Thank you very much for your detailed description in relation to your recent stay. We are glad to read that our safe and central location, our phenomenal desk clerks and our clean and spacious apartments assisted in making your stay a memorable one. On the other hand it is very disappointing to read you have rated us low in service. Please be assured that we take this very seriously and as you can read from other reviews, we normally receive praising comments about the team. I would be very grateful for the opportunity to discuss your areas of concerns and can be contacted by email at canderle@adina.eu
Warm regards,
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Our family of four recently stayed at the Adina Checkpoint Charlie. It was our first time in Berlin. The hotel is very clean and in a location that gives easy access to the U Bahn as well as Potsdammer Platz and other shopping areas. The adjoining one-bedroom suites that we had were roomy and spotless. Breakfast in the in-house restaurant was also very good. The hotel also has a very nice indoor heated pool. Our lack of German was not a problem. If you are looking for a comfortable, affordable base in Berlin, particularly with a family, this would be hard to beat.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SQ226
Dear SQ226,
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences which will be without a doubt helpful to other travellers. It is a pleasure to read your family had a great stay – our apartments with fully equipped kitchens, laundry facilities and most of all the space we offer are just perfect for families. We really hope to welcome you back if your travel paths may lead you to Berlin again! Or perhaps to one of our other wonderful destinations in Australia, New Zealand and Europe?
Take care and all the best from Berlin to Down Under,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed at the Adina for just over a week in January. It was a last-minute trip, and I booked it because the private apartment I usually stay in wasn't available. I was encouraged by all the good reviews, but even so I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. I don't think I would now want to stay anywhere else.

I won't repeat what so many others have said regarding the Adina's rooms, amenities, facilities, and staff: the praise is all accurate, and even if my expectations had been higher, they would have been exceeded. The website photos don't do the rooms or the public areas and pool and spa facilities justice.

The many complaints about wifi are incomprehensible to me: for a small charge (maximum €14.25 for 24 hours) you can have unlimited use of your devices in your room throughout your stay, which seems perfectly reasonable; and connection is quick, easy, and reliable.

The only small missing thing I can think of that would be nice to have, is an iPod dock in the room.

Several people have said that Stadtmitte is the nearest u-bahn. It isn't. Spittelmarkt and Hausvogteiplatz are both nearer.

Finally, I want to make a point of the staff's ability to respond in an emergency. Unfortunately I had one: a freak accident in my room that resulted in a nasty head wound. Within 3 minutes of my calling Reception, a hotel first-aider arrived to help, followed 2 minutes later by a team of paramedics who treated me and whisked me off to the Charite to be stitched up. It was all dealt with so efficiently and reassuringly that it neither impinged on my time in Berlin, or affected my stay at the Adina: after a good sleep (the beds and bedding are extremely comfortable!) I carried on enjoying it all thoroughly.

The folllowing day there was a Get Well note in my room from Claudia Anderle, the hotel manager, and a box of chocolates.

What more could one possibly ask of a hotel? It's a super place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alabastron
Dear Alabastron,
thank you so much for posting your kind words here on Tripadvisor. I am so proud about my team and the way they dealt with the situation – they always strive to achieve the best standards and guest service! At times there are situations when things go wrong and we believe that the way we are addressing those situations – with passion, dedication, practical knowledge and expertise – make a difference! We are really looking forward to welcoming you soon back and next time, with some more chocolates but without the incidient :)
Warmest regards from everybody here at Adina Checkpoint Charlie,