Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie
US$105
US$93
TripAdvisor
3,182 results
All reviewscheckpoint charliewasher and dryerlidl supermarketpool and jacuzziseparate bedroomfull kitchengreat hotelsmall kitchenliving areaself cateringbuilding sitewithin walking distancecheck point charliebuilding workminute walkjewish museumu bahn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A short walk from Stadtmitte U-Bahn station, the hotel is approx. 50 mins by tube (one change @ Templehof) from Schonefeld Airport. The room was fine, if a little tired, but being on an inside room, we had a good nights sleep BUT....( isn't there always a but?) if you get an outside room, the site next door (to the east) is currently (May 2014) a building site and may bring with it noise. Describing it as 'Checkpoint Charlie' may be extending geographical limits but it is only a short walk away, as are most of Berlins attractions and sights, Gendarmenmarkt being an easy stroll. And immediately around the corner from the hotel on Leipziger Str. is a supermarket and also numerous places to eat at.

2  Thank ForeverBlue40
ClaudiaAnderle, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear ForeverBlue40,
thank you for taking the time to share your kind summary on Tripadvisor!
The team and I are happy you had a pleasant stay and that we convinced with our sound-proof apartments as well as location - with a short walk to Checkpoint Charlie.
Unfortunately the entire City of Berlin is a huge building site, therefore we try to liaise with the foreman on the building site next door in order to keep the disruptions for our guests to a minimum. Dear ForeverBlue40, I hope we will be able to welcome you back one day in the future. Warm regards, Carolin Boettcher & team

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My friend and I went to Berlin to celebrate our 60th Birthdays this year. We chose the hotel on price and location and weren't disappointed infact it gave us much more than that, the staff were so friendly and accommodating and the fun we had in the restaurant chatting to the staff and meeting the chef who came especially out to meet us made it a great night, especially as our Berlin Welcome Card gave us 25% off the main courses ! Nice to have option of pool and sauna after a hard days walking around Berlin.
We didn't try the breakfasts as we preferred to go out and about straight away but what we saw looked really good, although hotel b'fasts are always expensive we find. One could pre-order the night before which reduced the cost quite a bit. A 'small' b'fast advertised for room service looked a better deal at just over eight euro. The hotel also are sending my mobile back for me to the UK as I lost it in the taxi to the airport. The driver kindly rang me from it and returned it to the hotel. Isn't that fantastic !! I shall definitely be going back with my partner next year.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the courtyard which was really pleasant.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KIRKY1916

Dear KIRKY1916, what a delightful review, thank you.
The team and I are over the moon that we helped to make the 60th birthday celebrations special ones. I am happy you picked the hotel based on location and price and we exceeded your expections. Thank you for the praise on my staff, I have shared your feedback with them already and they were thrilled. We hope to be your host again soon. best regards, Carolin Boettcher & team

Reviewed 11 May 2014

OK, so it is a very nice hotel. We had a very good stay for three nights in april.

The first room we got was number 105, on the first floor. The room was super spacious and lovely. However, it is right on level with, and had windows out towards the courtyard. I was not comfortable, as anybody walking past the windows in the courtyard had a direct view into our room unless the curtains were closed. We changed rooms to the third floor. This room was a lot smaller than the first one, and the kitchenette was tiny. I have a feeling it was the second room to a family room. We had friends staying in another room on the third floor and their room was a lot bigger, and had a nice sitting area, which we did not. Even though our room was very nice compared to other hotels, it still felt like we were missing out.The rooms were clean, and staff very helpful.

We did not try the restaurant, but had a drink in the bar. The bartender was below average, I hope he was under training.

The closest u-bahn is Spittelmarkt (U2), outside the hotel and to the right, about a 4 minute walk. Stadtmitte (U2 and U6) was also close, outside the hotel and to the left, about a 6 minute walk.

It is not free wifi in the room. I still don't understand why hotels won't provide free wifi for their guests, as it is so important for most travelers these days. I can't remember the price pr 24/h but it was pricey. (You can however ask for a free password from the reception to log in for one hour. I think it is meant to be used in the lobby area, but we had no problem logging in from our room).

Overall I would stay here again, but I would send an e-mail and request a room on the higher floors.

Room Tip: Not the first floor - it will have windows on floorlevel with the courtyard. Not the rooms next to the elevator, at least the one we got on the third floor was small compared to the others. Room 321 was really nice, huge, nice sitting area, and "private" bed area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maike J

Dear mmj89,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is important to us in order to consistenly improve our product amd our service standards to aim for high guest satisfaction.
I am disappointed to read that you felt like you "missed" out after your room. Please send us an email when making your next reservation with your requirements and we will try our very best to acommodated them. I will also follow up the service standards in the bar/restaurant.
Dear mmj89, I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon. Take care and see you soon, Carolin Boettcher & team

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Overall the standard of the accommodation was excellent, despite one or two little niggles around room service. We had been allocated a corner apartment which unfortunately meant the natural light was restricted and the rooms were a little dark during daylight hours.

As has been stated elsewhere the charges for room wi-fi were extremely unreasonable and it is difficult to understand why, in the 21st century, there is any charge at all, however free wifi is available in the foyer.

The nearest U station is Spittelmarkt which is a 5 minute walk away from the hotel and the journey from Schoenefeld Airport to Spittelmarkt was pretty straight forward and cheap - €3.20.
RB (fast train) from Schoenefeld to Alexanderplatz and U2 to Spittelmarkt. Airport to hotel in less than an hour.

Despite the few irritations I would use the Adina again when next in Berlin

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are very quiet indeed
2  Thank John N
ClaudiaAnderle, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear John N,
thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie. The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed our Apartments and the location.
Thank you also for your comment regarding the internet. Please be assured that we take this very seriously, without feedback such as yours we are unable to continually improve our guest experience. Dear John N, on behalf of the team and myself, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Warm regards, Carolin Boettcher & team

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a wonderful several week stay at this great apartment hotel in a one bedroom apartment which had everything you could wish for. Unfortunately the last few holiday sleep-ins were interrupted by a jackhammer in the adjacent block. Otherwise, we couldn't have wished for a better and more central place from which to explore Berlin. The complimentary fruit platter on arrival in recognition of our extended stay was a very thoughtful gesture and very much appreciated. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful throughout the stay. The gym was very well equipped. Thank you very much. We will return!

Dear concerned011,
thank you so much for your splendid review. It is always a pleasure to read about the team providing excellent service to all of our guests. Having a fully equipped apartment in a great location with all the convenience of home is one of our features that is most commented on - sometimes it’s all about the little touches!