“Different Perspective”

Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: Schöneberg
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was really looking forward to trying this place after all the rave reviews on Tripadvisor. But sadly I was disappointed. As others have said the place is wallpapered in sheets of handwritten biblical text with highlighted bits.These were far more extreme then I imagined. There was even more bibe text in the plastic menu folder. The whole place reminded me of a scene from a demonic movie. The interior is very imbiss, its tidy but the plastic menu was covered in grime and the windows were dirty and he tables slimy. The cutlery old. Food wise the portions were light, not much meat. The meal was very average, tasted Ok but was over priced in my opinion. Not for me I found the experince uncomfortable and it was all done on the cheap.

2  Thank travelsuit

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Tiny Korean restaurant with bible verses all over the walls in German, carefully written on hanging fabric pieces. Oddly, this doesn't feel as in-your-face as it sounds. Order the Bibimbap. The best ever! Just the right amount of spice.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

This was our second time to visit Ixthys. When my wife and I visited the place first time about two years ago we fell in love with their bibimbap and decided that when come to Berlin again, we will be back. The bibimbap was again very good but not quite as good as the first time. The main difference was in the spicyness - it had slightly too much hot pepper to our taste so that it was more difficult to taste the ingredients. Still the food was wonderful. We also like the unpretentious atmosphere of the place. Even though there are biblical verses all over the walls, the owners are not pushy with their religion. Their mission is to serve excellent food and hope that it speaks of God for them.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Years ago I lived in Seoul with my family and we ate a lot of different korean food. The food that is served at Ixthy's was true authentic korean food and try it, if you have the chance. The food and service was excellent :-)

Reviewed 25 September 2012

yummy!
spicy!
the most original korean food. and s-o good.
self service. casual. friendly. and totally worth it.