“AVOID at all costs - very bad choice ”

Restaurant Alpenstueck
Ranked #355 of 8,660 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Cuisines: German
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Description: All meals - from bread to strudel dough – are home-made on a daily basis with natural ingredients. Our products come from the surrounding area and we pay attention to species-appropriate husbandry and short delivery.
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Soho House sends everyone here because the hostess used to work there & gives them a commission. Well they should give you a commission to eat here!!!

Room is very nondescript - no ambience. I had a view of working kitchen behind a half opened curtain & the restroom doors.

My husband ordered the monkfish & it was nothing compared to what he had at Pauly Saal last night. I ordered spargal with potatoes & schnitzel . It came on a cheap white plate that looked like a diner or cafeteria. The schnitzel was unedibible -Cooked yesterday with questionable meat quality? The potatoes & asparagus were not high quality or well prepared - I felt VERY ripped off for the price.

I went to the Lokal after for a wonderful salad , cheese plate & glass of wine to satisfy my hunger .

Mark my words - this place is a total tourist rip off joint. The fact that some Germans like it (not sure if local though or tourists too) suggests that maybe I should give them the benefit of the doubt that there might be some German heritage nostalgia thing going on here . But it does not translate AT ALL to America for one that's for sure.

3  Thank bigtimetraveller1111
There are newer reviews for Restaurant Alpenstueck

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I ate here last week, it was really nice food, We had Schnitzel for main, I had a cheese dish for entree and husband had a ravioli type dish for entree. Everything was really nice, portions are very large, but not revolting so, but its advisable go there quite hungry!
Apple strudel was really nice too. Service great, really can't complain about anything we had a great night.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stylish decor, friendly staff, delicious food, enormous portions, reasonable value. Highly recommended - you will not leave hungry!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Had a very nice schnitzel here. Great food, nice place but a bit packed. The people next to us were very close to us, but we didn't have a reservation and were happy to still get a tably. Staff friendly but a bit slow. Food excellent!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Amazing food. Great Wine recommendations and beer.

We had a 3 course meal each with quite a few drinks from less that €100 total.

Would highly recommend.