“not worth it”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Description: All meals - from bread to strudel dough – are home-made on a daily basis with natural ingredients. Our products come from the surrounding area and we pay attention to species-appropriate husbandry and short delivery.
Grafenwohr, Germany
“not worth it”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

service was prompt, but food was definitely not worth the price. i had the schnitzel, and have had better for much cheaper. the dessert i had was "seasoned", i personally have never heard of putting rosemary on watermelon. the holunderblüten sorbet tasted like only alcohol. would not go there again, wouldn't recommend

2 Thank shabba663

• Finnish first
Berlin, Germany
“BASIC FOOD”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

the prices are too expensive for a very very basic food
that you can cook at home.

i dont mind paying that price for something that i can not cook at home, however there were several points that i found disturbing.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Roy_Berlin
Amersham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful restaurant”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Our son and his fiancée took us here for our Anniversary/Birthday dinner. We sat in our lovely booth, very spacious restaurant and extremely well run. The food is perfect, small but interesting menu, good wine list and the service first class. A memorable evening.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Birkby2
“AVOID at all costs - very bad choice ”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Soho House sends everyone here because the hostess used to work there & gives them a commission. Well they should give you a commission to eat here!!!

Room is very nondescript - no ambience. I had a view of working kitchen behind a half opened curtain & the restroom doors.

My husband ordered the monkfish & it was nothing compared to what he had at Pauly Saal last night. I ordered spargal with potatoes & schnitzel . It came on a cheap white plate that looked like a diner or cafeteria. The schnitzel was unedibible -Cooked yesterday with questionable meat quality? The potatoes & asparagus were not high quality or well prepared - I felt VERY ripped off for the price.

I went to the Lokal after for a wonderful salad , cheese plate & glass of wine to satisfy my hunger .

Mark my words - this place is a total tourist rip off joint. The fact that some Germans like it (not sure if local though or tourists too) suggests that maybe I should give them the benefit of the doubt that there might be some German heritage nostalgia thing going on here . But it does not translate AT ALL to America for one that's for sure.

3 Thank bigtimetraveller1111
London
“Great food, excellent service, had a great time”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I ate here last week, it was really nice food, We had Schnitzel for main, I had a cheese dish for entree and husband had a ravioli type dish for entree. Everything was really nice, portions are very large, but not revolting so, but its advisable go there quite hungry!
Apple strudel was really nice too. Service great, really can't complain about anything we had a great night.

• Visited March 2014