“Excellent -- May 2013 -- but is also the same as Bandol sur Mer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bandol

Bandol
Ranked #2,905 of 8,236 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: European, French, German
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent -- May 2013 -- but is also the same as Bandol sur Mer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I think both restaurants Bandol and Bandol sur Mer, although they have different listings on TRIpadvisorare the same place. We ate a la carte, and had absolutely marvelous wine suggestions from the server, truly a sommelier.

• Visited May 2013

Oslo, Norway
“Very nice little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

The Bandol-sur-mer is a cool, small, kind of gourmet restaurant, with only 16 chairs. You have to make a reservation. The staff were very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. We all had the five course set menu at 69 euros, with accompanying wine 39 euros. While the first courses were good, they didn't blow your mind, but the last three courses were excellent. I would definitely go back here sometime. The restaurant has two seatings, 18-21 and 21 onwards.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“My first fine dining experience in Berlin will be hard to beat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

This restaurant is a favourite of my daughter so when I visited she wanted to share it with me.
Service-I am surprised at some of the reviews as I found the service from "the bloke" was exceptional. The menu was explained clearly, his manner was friendly and he was exceptionally knowledgeable about the wines.
Food was brilliant. The portions were smallish but when having 4 courses I don't want a huge serve. Quality rather than quality. I have not found the portion size smaller than the ones in better restaurants in Melbourne. The matching wines were perfect but they also were flexible to account for personal tastes.
I found the value good. For the quality, €84 for predinner champagne, four courses and 4 wines would be hard to match in Australia. I loved it and would go back in a minute.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“An essential stop in Berlin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

After four visits over three years to this tiny quirky restaurant the food only gets better, yes it has a certain industrial unfinished look to it, but the food is amazing, having eaten at many Michelin restaurants this really should be in the list, but hey if that we're the case you would never get a table. The service when we visited was excellent, our German is not but the staff made us feel extremely welcomed and explained every intricacy of the food and accompanying wine choices in perfect English! Smart it may not be but intimate it is, compared to what you would be charged in a Michelin restaurant in London or France for this standard of food it's actually good value for money (not cheap but for the work involved accurately priced). Don't miss out!

• Visited October 2012
Berlin, Germany
“Very good food and cool atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

On the same evening as we were made to feel unwelcome at "3 Minutes sur Meer" (see my review if you wish), we were lucky enough to get a table straight away at Bandol's.

I cannot confirm the negative impression others had about the service, but I must also say we were served by the lovely lady rather than by the so much criticised bloke who also works there. She patiently presented all courses both in German and English (one of us is not fluent in German) and we felt no pressure whatsoever to order a full menue.

The way food is presented has changed very much compared to the previous times we visited; the quality is still very high, however the portions have significatively shrunk to resemble a sort of "nouvelle cuisine" style. The prices are, nevertheless, still "big" despite the smaller size! Perhaps since their next door's "3 Minutes" is doing solid bistrot-style food, they felt like they had to make a radical style change to differenciate their offer from their neighbour's (the two restaurants are owned by the same people).

We all went for a starter and a main course and were quite pleased. I found my fois gras and homemade brioche excellent; I can't say the same about the veil tongue, but it is just a matter of taste. I did not like how it was cooked, still it was a skillfully prepared dish.

All in all a very nice evening; do go to Bandol...at least if the lovely lady is around!