“worst service- best pizza-- thats why you go there!”
Review of Il Casolare

Il Casolare
Ranked #854 of 8,445 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Kreuzberg
Berlin, Germany
“worst service- best pizza-- thats why you go there!”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

i am a berliner and i just had the feeling that i had to add something to this...
casulare is.. just really and still and probably alway going to be THE place for pizza in berlin! Yes! The service is a desaster! Yes! the toilets are filthy! No, they never clean the tables and you ALWAYS have to wait at least 10 Minutes to get hold of a seat...
BUT! that is just really part of what this place is all about! Italian Punks serving the best Pizza ever! It is a pirates island in the middle of this nasty big city and i will be coming back and back again because i am just LOVING it!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank reisezeit2010

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Berlin
“Dirty, arrogant and downright rude”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I've been coming to this place for about 10 years now. The pizzas are still the best in town and the location is just great, but the service seems to deteriorate each time I've been here: dirty tables outside that are never cleaned, dirty tablecloths inside that are never washed, the bathrooms are filthy, the glasses are dirty. The waiters are becoming ruder and more aggressive each time I come here, giving you the the feeling that they truly hate their job and especially YOU, the customer. They can obviously afford to deliver this kind of service since it is always packed, but I decided not to come here anymore. Last night I greeted the scruffy waiter with a friendly "Hello" when he came to get our orders. I was snapped at that he had already greeted me when we sat down and asked if I was deaf. I think I can do without that pizza ....

• Visited June 2011
5 Thank MartinfromBerlin
Cagliari
“Great typical food”
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I'm italian and I feel to be in one of the best Trattoria in Italy when I go to il Casolare. I went several times, and tried their awesome pizzas, pasta and secondi as well. Service is cheap but friendly. May have to wait especially in weekends, since the place is usually quite busy.
Reservation is recommended for big groups.

• Visited December 2010
Berlin, Germany
“Best Pizza in town - mostly horrible staff”
Reviewed 20 June 2010

I guess they think it's cool to treat customers badly. Most staff only speak Italian, and when they do know German they still pretend not to. When you speak English to them they are usually a bit nicer...
However - Berlin loves their Pizza and evryone I know keeps coming back! Including myself... There is a big variety to chose from, try real buffalo or horse meat if you like. They also have a daily non-pizza menue (which is available only in Italian) and great desserts (try the mixed platter). Don't bother asking for a salat, they'll think you're mad.
They also have a branch in Friedrichshain and Prenzlauer Berg.

Herzelia
“Great authentic Italian place”
Reviewed 30 May 2010

The food is great, very simple Italian food. Fabulous pizza's. The Tiramisou is a must.
Definitely I'll visit again this place.